Boat cover 06 Rage >

Boat cover 06 Rage

Notices

Boat cover 06 Rage

Old 03-26-2014, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat cover 06 Rage

Looking for a good boat cover. Did nordic come with a decent shipping cover new? My baja islander I bought new did and I used it for years with no issues. It had a strap on inside of cover that ratcheted on both sides of the bow. Love that cover! What is everyone else using? I like trailering with a cover so anything with buttons is out!
Old 03-27-2014, 10:30 AM
Registered

No one here has a Rage with a boat cover?
Old 03-27-2014, 01:25 PM
Registered

More like no one on here is here. Been dead lately besides a few diehards. Are we talking full covers? I purchased a full "semi-custom" cover from iBoats and have no issues what so ever. Ties down at tge stern under the deck on my heat. Good luck with your search!
Old 03-27-2014, 07:09 PM
Registered

I have the snap on covers. I trailer with them since they installed some trick pins in front of the windshield to prevent the cover coming off in the wind. Nordic makes a full trailer cover but it is spendy. I know some of the guys on here have one. I am getting ready to get a full cover and was contemplating what would be the best. I have seen a few custom full covers that have been made to cover most of the bow. I want something like that for mine to protect when trailering. I have a custom colored hull so I am trying to keep in in perfect condition. I need a large condom like cover.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

you can get on from Nordic but they are like 12-1500, I have the snap on bow and cockpit covers I use for trailering, my full cover is only a dust cover in my garage, I never tow with that
Old 03-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Registered

Why don't you tow with the full cover? Is it not ok for trailering? I was looking at buying one from Nordic but if it is not good then I won't be getting that. Since I stow the boat on my lift in the summer I kind of wanted the full cover to keep the sun off of her. What do you think?
Old 03-28-2014, 05:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think, no matter the cover, it will beat the crap out of the boat, if towing a long distance..
Old 03-28-2014, 10:31 AM
Registered

My cover has 12 tabs all the way around to tie it down to the trailer. When properly applied it is almost drum skin tight, even for a semi custom fit. It also pulls down to cover more than half of the hull, so fairly low. But the only time I trailer is going to the lake, so no cover needed
Old 03-28-2014, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by downforce137
I think, no matter the cover, it will beat the crap out of the boat, if towing a long distance..
Exactly, I personally would never do it, easier to clean dirt than fix rub marks in your gel coat, that being said, the Nordic cover is of very good quality and uses sunbrella material, and its custom fit and colored to your boat, even still the wind whip over time will absolutely mark up your boat
Old 03-28-2014, 07:03 PM
Registered

I spoke with Nordic about a cover the other day. I ask mike if he had pics online and he said no but there 1500.00 each. Ouch. For that kind of money I want to trailer with it on. Anyone have pics to post?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.