Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
Save a fellow Nordic owner.... >

Save a fellow Nordic owner....

Notices

Save a fellow Nordic owner....

Old 10-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very good information, thank you very much.
The Maximus is a 28p and the P5-X is a 30p both stock out of the box but I'm not exactly comparing apples with apples, hopefully I can still get a good baseline. I think the 5 blades are what my boat seems to like.
I have a 3.3 Whippled 548 and I'm still playing around with pulleys as well, I should be around 900 HP at 7-8# boost. I have been running at 3700-6000 feet in elevation so I have a lot of variables. I will be at Havasu (450') so that will also change some things. Just trying to find the happy spot and being able to stay on 91 pump gas.
I am glad the rumors of your death were not true!
I appreciate all your input!!
Jason
Old 10-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have similar hulls and horsepower. The Bam/Mercury desk top dyno put mine in the 850HP range.
With my current tune (6psi/28 degrees) I think that is spot on.
It is a 512" with TB EFI, Dart heads, and a BS billet 871. Low boost and low timing.
I would like to turn up the tune a little (8psi/30 degrees), but engine and drive don't like each other now ...........
I run a 29" P5-X for heavy loads and hot weather, and usually my 30" to around 5600/5700.
We can get 93 ethanol free gas here. I guess we're lucky on that.
Good luchk and keep us posted on your progress Jason.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Registered

Steve,
Hope all is going well with you. I am hoping to ask a couple of questions from you, related to boating but more about Tennessee. I am currently deployed to Qatar and am returning home soon and after 28 years of the military I think it is time for me to retire. I have been looking into some career options and I have an opportunity to take a civilian position with the Corps of Engineers in either Kentucky or Tennessee. Kentucky Lake, Lake Barkley, Fort Loudoun Lake, Tellico Dam, Watts Bar Lake are the choices. I am hoping to be able to find a lake front home with maybe a few acres that is affordable and lower taxes. I am also an outdoorsman and enjoy hunting. Of course boating is my big passion and I'd like to be on a lake that has some power boats around. I have been a lot of places in my life and been boating as far south as Lake Hartwell but haven't made it into Kentucky and Tennessee. I've been looking on the internet and all of the lakes and homes seem to be comparable so I thought I'd ask someone who lives there and thought of you. Is there any of those choices that stand out or any to definitely stay away from? My children are both grown and have their own homes so schools really don't come into the picture, it just me, my dog and the toys I have collected. If you could give me any insight on the areas I sure would appreciate it. You can either PM me back or send me an email at [email protected]

Thank you,
Kevin
Old 10-20-2014, 06:39 PM
Registered

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for your service to the USA. You are definitely due for some lake downtime. I grew up in KY, and have lived in Nashville for over 20 years.
Both states have lots of water, and great people. You will enjoy the no state income tax of TN. KY taxes are reasonable though, and western KY, KY/Barkley Lakes are very nice. A lot of people retire there. Great hunting and fishing in both states. The biggest "powerboating" lakes are KY/Barkley, and Cumberland in KY, Old Hickory/Percy Priest here in Nashville, Dale Hollow, Tellico/FT Loudon, and Chicamauga in Chattanooga. Watts Bar would put you between the Knoxvolle lakes and Chattanooga lakes.
Pesonally I like middle TN, and these lakes are Corp run lakes. Fortunately there's not a bad one on your list.
If you have any questions regarding real estate, a friend here specializes in lake property, and I'm sure she can give more specific information.
Best Regards,
Steve