Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
Older 28 Heat exhaust question.... >

Older 28 Heat exhaust question....

Notices

Older 28 Heat exhaust question....

Old 07-31-2014, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Older 28 Heat exhaust question....

Has any one had reversion problems running a Crane 731 cam with stock exhaust manifold? The boat is a 97 and the way the factory pipes run out of the exhaust i'm not sure if I can run any type header.. Any feed back??
Old 07-31-2014, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Kenny,
I know you know that is a "big" can for stock exhaust. Even if it doesn't have reversion issues, it wont be very efficient.
A '97 is going to be set up with a low XD, but other than that you shouldn't have any trouble adding headers. Butch had the notoriously bad non-stainless Lightnings, and now has much nicer CMIs. They both fit with no problems. He did have to have his old transom outlets glassed up when we switched to corner exhaust. Crafton's boat is a '97 and it has factory CMIs, I think. I haven't seen it for while......
Good luck with your project.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Hi Kenny,
I know you know that is a "big" can for stock exhaust. Even if it doesn't have reversion issues, it wont be very efficient.
A '97 is going to be set up with a low XD, but other than that you shouldn't have any trouble adding headers. Butch had the notoriously bad non-stainless Lightnings, and now has much nicer CMIs. They both fit with no problems. He did have to have his old transom outlets glassed up when we switched to corner exhaust. Crafton's boat is a '97 and it has factory CMIs, I think. I haven't seen it for while......
Good luck with your project.
I meant to get with you Friday Steve and talk to you about it..... You think this cam is big you should have seen what was in it....Can't believe the damn thing even ran. I'll call you soon and axe you some ??