Whats a fair price? >

Whats a fair price?

Notices

Whats a fair price?

Old 10-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats a fair price?

'06 Heat MCOB 496HO 225hrs. Average condition with minor cosmetic blemishes, pretty much factory stock with typical stereo upgrades. Trailer is original with decent tires. Average NADA is around 40k FWIW, which is a lot lower than what sellers on boat trader are asking. Given its off season and only getting colder, whats a fair price?
Old 10-14-2014, 06:11 AM
Registered

102 views and no opinions?
Old 10-14-2014, 01:17 PM
Registered

Well, depends on a few things. How much are you willing to let it go for? How fast do you need it gone? Fast sale, as low as you can go comfortably. Honestly, I typically go by fair market value when I sell things. If I need it to move, drop the price a little below to entice more people to look.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:21 PM
Registered

Im looking to purchase, not sell.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:01 PM
Registered

The market for heats is tough...there seems to be quite a bit of range. What Jay said still applies. It's all about what they are willing to let it go for. NADA values don't seem to mean much in the performance boat market except when it comes to financing. I think if you could get a 06 with that low of hours for $40K I would pull the trigger.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:37 PM
Registered

That original post could go either way lol. Anyhow, try a little under the low end of the spectrum as far as market goes. What is the worst he will say? No?
Old 10-14-2014, 05:05 PM
Registered

My problem has been determining market. Ive been watching boats most of the summer knowing I was going to buy in the offseason, but I had only been watching Rages until recently, so I don't have much "market data" on the Heats to compare to NADA. Most of the pricier Heats currently listed have been up all summer. I did notice a clean Heat of similar year/hrs come up late summer at LOZ for 49k. The ad came down in about a week. I never wrote down his contact so I couldnt figure what he got for it.

AW
Old 10-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Registered

I guess the only thing I can tell you, maybe some of the more knowledgeable gents will chime in, is to just keep your eyes open and continue shopping. I got my Heat at Hiline Motorsports in CA for a decent deal. They dont have any in stock now, but they move a lot of boats. For the right price you can by mine lol.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:48 AM
Registered

I bought the boat. Mechanically, I couldn't find any issues beyond slightly loose steering that I will look into over the winter. Cosmetically there is not much damage, but its just filthy. I don't think it was cleaned in the 3 years the P/O kept it. The grain in the vinyl is all full of crud. Going to take a lot of time to bring it up to my standards.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Registered

Awesome!! Welcome to the Nordic Navy. Once she is clean, post some pics! You are in Texas right?? Might be thinking of someone else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.