Time for Tabs on my Rage - Need a little 2014 advice >

Time for Tabs on my Rage - Need a little 2014 advice

Notices

Time for Tabs on my Rage - Need a little 2014 advice

Old 11-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for Tabs on my Rage - Need a little 2014 advice

Well Nordic Navy – I think I have finally finished reading every thread written about “Trim tabs for a Rage” going back 8 years and I’m now officially on the hunt for some current advice and guidance. I have a 2006 MCOB with a stock 496HO and would like to be able to keep the bow on plane better at slower speeds when towing my little ones on the tube/ kneeboard & also to calm the bow bounce down a bit when passengers are riding up front at moderate cruising speeds. We boat primarily on Havasu, Powell and a couple other local Arizona lakes. I’m hoping to do this once and do it right, and I’m curious if opinions on brand/size best for my application have changed over the years. Seems like Eddie, Dana, Merc. K-Planes and Bennett have been the four most commonly discussed, so any input on those would be really appreciated. Indicators also sound like they are nice to have, so any thoughts here would be great too. Whatever I end up buying will be installed by the Nordic factory when my boat goes in for service this spring. Thanks in advance for the input!
Old 11-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Registered

I am going to do the same thing next year. I may go with the Lencos again on my Rage. I replaced the Bennett's on my old Baja with Lencos. The Bennett's always broke and the Lencos never did. I had them for 8 years. I had the HD versions with indicators. I was looking at Merc K-planes but I think the Lencos in the stainless dual ram versions with the indicators will be lighter and less complex/less holes and lines involved. I think the K planes respond faster but that seems to be the only plus to them. Maybe I'm wrong since I have not owned K planes before.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:54 AM
Registered

Your inbox is full. What are you thinking on yor Rage, What combo is it?
Michael
Old 12-20-2014, 11:40 AM
Registered

Dana HP900 9 yrs and never an issue