02 Nordic Rage Labbed prop >

02 Nordic Rage Labbed prop

Notices

02 Nordic Rage Labbed prop

Old 05-14-2015, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Nordic Rage Labbed prop

Looking for some input on what type of labbed prop some of you may have used for a similar application I currently have.
-496 Ho w/bravo x drive 1.5 gears
-Whipple stage 2 ecm reflash
-Dana flow torque exhaust (last night was 1st with these on)
- Stock bravo 26 4 blade
-5050 or 5100 @ 76 (gps) really wanted 80!
- 6%-8% prop spin
-1'-2' chop, 60 deg air temp
Did a lake test last night had full fuel (bad idea for top speed test but what do you do) I am exploring a few options and would love to hear of any trial and error with your rage.
1. Mercury racing labbed 28
2. bblades labbed 28
3. Hydromotive 4 blade need to talk to Todd over there tomorrow.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Sorry I don't have anything to answer or add to your question but just curious if you had any speed data etc. from before the ECM and Dana upgrades? I have a friend that just bought an 04 Rage....
Old 05-14-2015, 08:34 PM
Registered

Prior to the ecm re flash max speed was 74-75 with only me in the boat and probably 10 gallons of fuel not sure of rpm.
After the re flash gains were huge in the mid range top end had a slight increase as well 77-78 gps low fuel just me in the boat very light chop on the lake. Surprised my result after Danas dropped top end assume something about the conditions? Again not sure of rpm I recently started to educate myself in rpm when looking to change out props

I hope to see better performance next time out with less fuel and a longer stretch to open it up. The run I had was pretty short

Reflash has been the most cost effective for gains to date

Last edited by Jorgenson19; 05-14-2015 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Missed critical info
Old 05-16-2015, 07:08 AM
Registered

Decided to try a Hydromotive P5X 25 pitch. More to come. Anyone else have any results for this prop. Will be starting stock to see if the desired result is attained.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 82 Posts

Did you gain any rpm vs before after adding the Dana exhaust? I thought about adding a set to mine if the gains are there. I ran my VR1 yesterday for the first time with the Whipple Stage 2 and echo your sentiments. Nice improvement for the money. Noticeably stronger midrange and topend. I observed 32-34* max timing at various ranges on my scan tool vs stock 24* FYI with mine.

I did have bad transom soot after the prop testing yesterday. Did you notice more soot vs stock?

Get ahold of Bblades, very knowledgeable and helpful. Cannot beat Todd @ Hydromotive either. Worked with him on a few projects.

Link to my prop testing for comparison.....
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/v...2-numbers.html
Old 05-16-2015, 11:47 PM
Registered

To he honest on the rpm gain before and after the Dana I am uncertain I did not watch rpm like I should before. Can't speak for the gains on the top just yet I want to run with less fuel probably 10 gallons or so and have a longer stretch to open it up. Picked up on the midrange for certain boat had great acceleration from 30-75 and the Danas look very nice. Was kind of a pain to get them though. Bob worked very diligently and was a nice guy but a 2 week lead time turned into 5 really quick.

Transom soot with the stage 2 is pretty common. Keep fresh wax on and wipe down after every use and it won't be a big deal small price for a decent gain.

Spoke with bblade, merc racing tech and Todd at Hydromotive after speaking with him I believe Hydromotive can provide me with the prop I need to achieve my goal with the P5X 25 more to come. The exchange program similar to bblades helped seal the deal

Short answer would I buy the Danas again probably but I think I need to do a few more runs on a better lake to make a definitive assessment.

Like your pic nice boat and appreciate the info
Old 05-19-2015, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Jorgenson19
Looking for some input on what type of labbed prop some of you may have used for a similar application I currently have.
-496 Ho w/bravo x drive 1.5 gears
-Whipple stage 2 ecm reflash
-Dana flow torque exhaust (last night was 1st with these on)
- Stock bravo 26 4 blade
-5050 or 5100 @ 76 (gps) really wanted 80!
- 6%-8% prop spin
-1'-2' chop, 60 deg air temp
Did a lake test last night had full fuel (bad idea for top speed test but what do you do) I am exploring a few options and would love to hear of any trial and error with your rage.
1. Mercury racing labbed 28
2. bblades labbed 28
3. Hydromotive 4 blade need to talk to Todd over there tomorrow.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I was in your exact shoes last year, I did cmi stops on my HO, no reflash just exhaust, stock it ran 74 @ 5100, bow cover on, 1' chop, mid 70's temp low humidity, 1/4 tanks both sides with the stock bravo 26, did countless tests with props from cutting edge, long story short, auggie got me to 78 @ 5000 with labbed bravo 28, I'm still gonna tweek it a little more but 80 is def realistic if at or around sea level, side note, add external hydraulic steering, its worth every penny
Old 05-20-2015, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

My friend has a 04 closed bow 25 Rage with a stock 496 HO and stock 26 bravo prop. He says his does 80 here in Oregon in this configuration. Two people, 1/2 fuel, flat water, 60-70 degrees. Is this possible?
Old 05-20-2015, 08:58 PM
Registered

How did the labbed 28 affect your cruising speed @ 3500 rpm?

Agreed if I decide to keep the boat another 2-3 years I will add the external hydraulic steering but I am at the point where a larger boat might be in my future.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:01 PM
Registered

Diamond Dave simple answer would be no. I am guessing his max speed was checked with a standard speedo not gps. If he said 76-77 then maybe but not 80.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.