Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
Water in a the bilge on a 2006 rage???? >

Water in a the bilge on a 2006 rage????

Notices

Water in a the bilge on a 2006 rage????

Old 07-06-2015, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to thank all you for the help, all good info!! I put it in the water and had to drop my trailer at the club and get a ride back, about 35-45 minutes and found some water in the bilge. I look at all the cables and there was no water running down so I check the area around the puddle and found a trail of water going up the right side that I followed up to the exhaust tip and it looks like it is leaking around the chrome tip where it mounts to the hull. All the screws are tight on the outside. What should I do, put sealant around the the outside edge of it? Anybody know what kind of sealant was used on the exhaust tips and can they be removed or are they glued on?
Old 07-07-2015, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The angled flush tips are removable and it's a pain in the a$$, but can be done. I have removed mine to replace the flappers (which in most cases are burned out). Mine was on a 07 Rage with the 496HO. I took mine off, cleaned the surface, replaced the flappers and reinstalled the tips using silicon between the tip and hull and used stainless button head bolts with nylon lock nuts.

One of my angled tips was leaking water as stated earlier on my 2010 heat and I also used stainless bolts and nylon lock nuts to to replace the existing fasteners on both tips. It appeared that the original bolts were just threaded in into the fiberglass and worked loose.

If you are removing your IMCO angled tips, check to see if the flappers are intact. You can just put your hand up into the tip and feel them if they are there. If not I'd suggest replacing them when you have your tips off. http://www.imcomarine.com/cal_store/...rnal-pair.html

Last edited by dawnpatrol; 07-07-2015 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by dawnpatrol
The angled flush tips are removable and it's a pain in the a$$, but can be done. I have removed mine to replace the flappers (which in most cases are burned out). Mine was on a 07 Rage with the 496HO. I took mine off, cleaned the surface, replaced the flappers and reinstalled the tips using silicon between the tip and hull and used stainless button head bolts with nylon lock nuts.

One of my angled tips was leaking water as stated earlier on my 2010 heat and I also used stainless bolts and nylon lock nuts to to replace the existing fasteners on both tips. It appeared that the original bolts were just threaded in into the fiberglass and worked loose.

If you are removing your IMCO angled tips, check to see if the flappers are intact. You can just put your hand up into the tip and feel them if they are there. If not I'd suggest replacing them when you have your tips off. http://www.imcomarine.com/cal_store/...rnal-pair.html
Funny you should mention the flappers I checked my buddies 04 Rage this weekend and showed him that his were burned out. Do you know if it possible to replace them from the inside of the boat or do the tips have to come off.

zgoo glad you found your leak! I would use 3M 4200 when you take off your tips to reseal them. I saw you this weekend but you were anchored out in the middle and I could 't reach you to say hi (I was boatless we were with my buddy on his Rage) We were on the waterslide side of the sandbar and boy is that beach rocky I'm never parking my own boat there that's for sure!
Old 07-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Registered

Hi Dave,
Yes that side is bad, did your buddy beach his Rage or anchor? I had a couple of women to myself and needed a big piece of water to protect them LOL It was a great weekend!! I heard you lost a motor in your boat??? Sorry to hear that if that's the case. If you need help let me know.? I bought the new CP stainless sea pump but need to put it on. I also checked my baffles and one half of one is gone and was wondering if I could replace them with out taking the tips off also? Dan
Old 07-07-2015, 07:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by zgoo
Hi Dave,
Yes that side is bad, did your buddy beach his Rage or anchor? I had a couple of women to myself and needed a big piece of water to protect them LOL It was a great weekend!! I heard you lost a motor in your boat??? Sorry to hear that if that's the case. If you need help let me know.? I bought the new CP stainless sea pump but need to put it on. I also checked my baffles and one half of one is gone and was wondering if I could replace them with out taking the tips off also? Dan
He beached it over there. I saw a big 42 Cig and plenty of others do the same...no thanks! I think it's awful on your feet walking around in the water... I need to go get a pedi with the wife now lol. I guess you bought the right boat if you are having issues with too many women on board from what I can tell so far it seems to be a great issue to have lol! Good news travels fast I guess! We are really bummed about it hopefully we can get it fixed soon but I'm not sure how that will pan out yet... If I need help I will definitely hit you up thanks for the offer really I appreciate that!
Old 07-07-2015, 07:29 PM
Registered

I would be glad to help! Daren and a few other I would think could help get it out and in. I have a few large forklifts for my machine tool sales biz, if you tow it by we could lift it right out and when you need the new one in we could help? Easy pezee. I can't figure out why people do that to their boats, that shore will tear the bottoms up, I docked my boat at the Columbia River Yacht club for three days, damn nice to go in to AC, good food, and strong drinks!! I think I put on a few pounds with the food there, LOL
Old 07-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Registered

I would be glad to help! Daren and a few other I would think could help get it out and in. I have a few large forklifts for my machine tool sales biz, if you tow it by we could lift it right out and when you need the new one in we could help? Easy pezee. I can't figure out why people do that to their boats, that shore will tear the bottoms up, I docked my boat at the Columbia River Yacht club for three days, damn nice to go in to AC, good food, and strong drinks!! I think I put on a few pounds with the food there, LOL
AWESOME! I'll let you know. I may need recommendations and hook ups for parts and builders too I was going to ask Darren where he got his done. Unfortunately I don't think we can afford to build them both up at this point like I would want to lol. Nice you got to rub elbows with the rich guys it sure would be cool to have that as a pit stop! lol
Old 07-08-2015, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe the only way to replace the flappers is to remove the tip from the boat. The flapper has a pin that goes through both sides of the tip and then the pin gets mushroomed (hammered) to keep it in place. That's how I did mine. I made it a winter project so I could take my time.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:04 AM
Registered

Yes it is fun, we were in some 3 to 5 million dollar boats having drinks. Fine people, but their boats are too slow....lol. If I was you I would pull the bad one, and put together a get by motor, that will last 3 months and then do a winter upgrade and fix your bilge at the same time. Get that bad girl back on the water!!! :-)
Old 07-08-2015, 02:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dawnpatrol
I believe the only way to replace the flappers is to remove the tip from the boat. The flapper has a pin that goes through both sides of the tip and then the pin gets mushroomed (hammered) to keep it in place. That's how I did mine. I made it a winter project so I could take my time.
The pins can be removed and replaced without removing the tips in other boats but I have not seen if there was enough room to access the pins or if things were in the way on a Rage. I used a giant pair of channel locks to compress the brass thingys that hold the pin in place on mine.

Yes it is fun, we were in some 3 to 5 million dollar boats having drinks. Fine people, but their boats are too slow....lol. If I was you I would pull the bad one, and put together a get by motor, that will last 3 months and then do a winter upgrade and fix your bilge at the same time. Get that bad girl back on the water!!! :-)
Yes those are WAAAY slow I wouldn't be able to handle it! I would love to see inside some of those boats though. I think I will do a good solid rebuild on the one engine and run it the rest of the season then freshen up the other in the same manner when its out for the bilge project this winter. It should be super reliable at that point I would hope. I am really torn on wanting to upgrade them and make some power but we could spend every last dollar we have chasing speed. I'm not so sure I want to go down that road right now lol.

I sure did miss my own boat this weekend that's for sure!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.