Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
Water in a the bilge on a 2006 rage???? >

Water in a the bilge on a 2006 rage????

Notices

Water in a the bilge on a 2006 rage????

Old 06-30-2015, 01:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in a the bilge on a 2006 rage????

I'm getting water in the bilge and I'm trying to figure out as to where it is coming from? When out all day I have I can turn the pump on a couple of times and water will pump for about 3 to 5 seconds. Can it come from large waves splashing on to the swim deck and going into the vents under the sun pad?
Old 06-30-2015, 10:24 AM
Registered

If you were hit in the stern by a wave large enough to come up and over the swim platform, you would know it. My swim platform eats some large waves when we are anchored and careless drivers speed passed, I have never had water up and over. How much in and out of the boat do you do? Wet swimmers can account for some, but not typically 3-5 seconds of bilge running. Are you noticing the water after running her? You do have a water pickup on the outdrive, right? At idle, a raw water pump won't move too much fluid, but at speed, lots of water moves through. Maybe a small leak somewhere in the system.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:32 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

#1 item to leak on all boats is shift cable boot. look there first....althought many other places can leak.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:44 AM
Registered

I will have to check the cable boot, The wave will wash over the swin pad but I know it;s not from swimers, a lot of big boats out here. Do you guys get any water in yours?
Old 06-30-2015, 11:17 PM
Registered

Nope, in and out of the boat all day, and not a drop comes out when I pull the plug.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:27 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Are you certain you do not have a cooling water leak when running? I was getting water in my bilge but the inner transom was dry, and it didn't leak when sitting still.
It also didn't leak visibly at idle. It wasn't much so I didn't worry about it.

I was changing an impeller a few months after I noticed regular small amounts of water in the bilge, and happened to brush against the fitting for my water pressure gauges while I was tearing things apart,and it dripped water off the side of it. The brass fitting had cracked. It was probably only leaking at over 10-15psi of water pressure.

Many, many years ago, I replaced the SWP impeller on my HP500EFI. I didn't get a good enough visual inspection on the inlet hose when I was reinstalling, and did a poor job of putting the hose all the way on the barb, yet I had torqued down the hose clamp pretty well. I actually put a little pucker in the hose. After a nice long cruise, the auto bilge came on. That time, I was able to see water pouring in when I was idling and in the water. When I had run it on the hose after the installing the SWP, there was no water in the bilge.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 06-30-2015 at 11:31 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a similar issue with water migrating in the bilge. Turns out my issue was the seal around the exhaust tips. I had the angled tips that were flush mounted and they got loose and water was getting in from there. I have also had water enter the vents on either side of the swim platform when a large tubing wake hit me while I was sitting still.

Good luck..
Old 07-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Check the upper steering swivel pin for leakage. Just had to replace mine.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:32 PM
Registered

Going to put in the water tomorrow and check it before I take off and then while running. I hope I find it as my mom got me a slip to use at her yacht club for the three day weekend, no trailer action for three days, yahooo!!
Old 07-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Registered

Do you have a gopro? That much water should be pretty apparent when underway. If you have one, hook her up in the engine bay and rock out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.