Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
Hydro motive p5x vs. bravo 1 >

Hydro motive p5x vs. bravo 1

Notices

Hydro motive p5x vs. bravo 1

Old 08-17-2015, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One more thing I was thinking about testing another p5x maybe a 26p and seeing if I can pull more rpm I believe my motor is capable of 5800rpm or should I leave well enough alone lol we always want more
Old 08-17-2015, 10:25 AM
Registered

If you are at 7% slip...I wouldn't mess with a thing. Those are good numbers for a Heat without a spacer imo.

Pics- easiest way is to host them on something like Photobucket then use the [img] code pasted into your post. If you dont have a way to host em, let me know, i can put em in my bucket and post em for you.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:47 AM
Registered

I've been thinking about removing my spacer and to seeing what it does?
Old 08-17-2015, 11:28 AM
Registered

I'm just trying to squeeze as much out of it as I can I did notice the biggest difference was I had to use a lot less trim with the p5x then with the bravo I would b interested in putting in a 1 in spacer and trying both props again I just don't want to have to bye a spacer if it's not worth it
Old 08-17-2015, 12:06 PM
Registered

What year is your Heat? You may want to measure your X first to see what you are running. May shed some light on things for you and determine if you will gain anything from a spacer.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jay is correct regarding spacers. My boat, which is typical of the 2001/2002 Heats has a very high 19.25" XD.
I know what they were trying to do, semi-surface the drive, but that XD is very high for a long moderately heavy full interior V-hull.
Particularly with the 4 blades commonly used when they were new.
BTW, 2 of my best friends have 2002 29' Fountains with the exact same 19.25 XD. Those boats both slipped like hell with 4 blades.
One sold his boat, but we did test my 28" P5-X on his with the same minor (probably 625/650ish HP) mods I had at the time.
Both of our boats ran 86 @ 5600. The other boat now has a Whipple/EBM motor, SCX drive and 30" P5-X.
Runs similar to my boat, but mine is more stable over 90. The Heat rides smoother in rough water as well.
Back to the XD. A high XD makes your boat potentially faster, but also more weight sensitive. We have arrived at 18.25" XD being good for
these boats in the 75 to 95 mph range with a 5 blade. It also helps with a four blade. That is where I'm running with a 1" spacer.
BTW, if you are getting good performance and good slip % now, don't change your XD. Just play with props.
Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 08-17-2015 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:28 PM
Registered

Mach 1, a thought here.........your boat is really running well. 7% slip is almost impossible to achieve. Mine is around 12%.
Your RPM readings might account for this. I think your tach is reading lower RPM than you are actually running.
And you are correct that you'll make more horsepower at a higher RPM with a supercharged motor, in most cases.
More RPM = more boost PSI = more HP.
Steve
Old 08-17-2015, 09:53 PM
Registered

Dirty D, your numbers are excellent for 525 MCOB Heat. I think I would put gas in it and go to the lake ..........
I do think you must have had a bad P5-X. The Hydromotives are well made props, but it may have been modified and not
correctly for our boats. Maybe you just had a bad one. I would test another one before giving up on that prop.
They work too well on these boats to not work on yours. Normally they work very well on MCOBs.
I've taken stock P5-Xs out of the box and they have run better than correctly modified Bravo 1s.
Steve
Old 08-17-2015, 10:14 PM
Registered

Steve I am kinda thinking the same thing as far as rpm seems to good to b true it seems with everything I have it's probably around 11-12 percent slip mph doesn't lie but rpm never seems to go above 5300 I'm very happy with the way it is performing regardless all the info is much appreciated what's weird is I have around 270 lbs of extra batteries just in front of the 2 stock batteries and it seems to like the weight their probably why it seems to not need the spacer it's great to hear feedback on everything that gets posted all I know for sure is Nordic has a hell of a boat and a great bunch of people to share info with hope to boat with some of you guys soon I'm in Michigan and need to start venturing out to some of the out of state fun runs!
Old 08-17-2015, 11:17 PM
Registered

Jay please help me upload pics my email is [email protected] I would really appreciate it! Or I can text you pics thanks Aaron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.