Need Nordic knowledge >

Need Nordic knowledge

Notices

Need Nordic knowledge

Old 02-11-2003, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Need Nordic knowledge

Can anyone tell me the differences between the current 25' Rage, and the older 25' Scandia. What differences might there be in performance. I am looking at a '97, 25' with the 7.4L 330hp engine. The boat is in great condition with lots of extras, I'm just concerned I may end up having to do engine work right away to make it perform as well as it looks. I'd like it to run 70 or so and I'm pretty sure it won't do it on this power. Any thoughts?
Old 02-12-2003, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Dude, Big difference. The 25 Scandia does not have a stepped haul which makes a major difference with this boat. Also, Nordic completely changed the inside of the boat.

I have a 2002 25 Rage with the 496HO package, boat runs 73-74 GPS all day long. Has 60 hours will sell at a good price. The owner bought a new 28 with the 525EFI package.

E-mail me if your interested
Old 02-12-2003, 07:10 PM
wildbillg

you are right, that boat will not go 70mph it is more of about 63. I sell them and I have owned one. If your looking for more information feel free to call me at 1-800-488-0258 ext 223.

Old 02-13-2003, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. I figured the stepped hull would make a difference in the speed of the boat, but I wasn't sure if the ride or handling would be substantially different. We don't do a lot of rough water boating, primarily the upper end of the Ohio River. We do a lot of skiing and wakeboarding also so that is a consideration. How different is the interior? The photos I have of the boat look similar to what is in the write-ups I've seen of the Rage with the closed bow.
Gary, I like the idea of a 2002, but I don't think it would be in the cards financially right now, that's why I'm looking at this boat. Owner has a new 26' Daytona on order and is motivated. I am looking to move up from my 19' Checkmate which I really have liked, and want something that maintains that "sportscar" feel, if you know what I mean.
Wildbillg, I'll give you a call to pick your brain later today.