Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
speaking of props, does anybody need one of these? >

speaking of props, does anybody need one of these?

Notices

speaking of props, does anybody need one of these?

Old 01-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default speaking of props, does anybody need one of these?

Guys,
I'm sold on the new Hydromotive P5-Xs for my application, so I'm selling all my 4 blades.
I have 1 Performance Propeller blueprinted (thinned, sharpened, blade matched, cupped, polished, etc.) 15.25" X 30" Bravo 4, $500 OBO; 1 JCs blueprinted (all the above) 15.25" X 28" Bravo 4, $500 OBO; 1 Mercury Lab 15.25" X 30" Bravo 4, $500 OBO. All are RH rotation.
I know this should be in the classifieds (and will be) but I wanted to give my Nordic brothers 1st shot if you can use any of the above.
Here's the JC's 28".
Regards,
Steve
Attached Thumbnails speaking of props, does anybody need one of these?-boat-pics.jpg  

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 01-11-2005 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: speaking of props, does anybody need one of these?

Hey Steve, I was thinking of trying a p5 this year. What gains or losses did you see over the 30p bravo? I lost 3mph trying the "Bravorator" and I want to get it back. I was running 82 with the labbed 30p then sent it to houston and got what amounted to a 28p back. If you get a chance let me know or i'll see you at logan's next week. Thanks, Ken.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Registered

KennyO,
You are welcome to try these two. They are badass props that ran very well on my H2X. I think that the Bravos are great props with lower X dimensions, but become less efficient as the X dimension goes up. Mine is high @ 19.25", on fairly large (28') application.
It looks like the extra blade area of the P5-X works well with a high X dimension.
My "test" if you will, probably wasn't the greatest as I was up on the limiter (5800) with a 27" P5-X, and running about 5500 with the 30" merc lab. Speed was the same @ 84 MPH/
GPS. That tells me: a. the Bravo just isn't very efficient with my high X-dimension, and b. had I had my 28" blueprinted (I do now) P5-X, I could have pulled it close too 5500/5700 (my est.), and it would have been faster than the 30" Bravo or the 27" P5-X. How much, I don't know, but I'm looking forward to finding out.
When the 28" P5-X was box stock, I did run it back to back against the 30" Bravo, and they both ran 82 MPH/GPS. RPM on the P5-X was 5420. The holeshot, acelleration and midrange efficiency with the P5-X was MUCH better. This was a STOCK P5-X vs my best lab 30 Bravo. Pretty impressive to me. This was also before I installed the intercooler.
The P5-X ran (I think, it's been a while) 86ish on Rick's Fountain/HP575. A couple of MPH off his best #s with worked Bravos, but again the prop was box stock then, and like my boat, everything else was much improved. I'm sure he can be all over 88MPH with the prop blueprinted now. His X dimension is very high too.
Unfortunately, I will be out of town for next week's meeting. Let me know if you want to try one or either of the props.
Regards,
Steve
Old 01-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info Steve. I might wait till spring and run your 30p and get a P5 from throttle up the same weekend. If you still have it . Or I might go ahead and buy it and then do my test. I've got to find them mph's, I hate to go backwards!
Old 01-19-2005, 09:26 PM
Registered

KennyO,
Obviously you are welcome to try my P5-X, even though I forgot to mention it. They aren't cheap props, and I'm sure you'll want to try one before laying out the bling bling.
Regards,
Steve
Old 01-20-2005, 07:51 AM
Registered

Thanks Steve, Throttle up has a try out program that i'll probably take advantage of. We'll see come spring.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Steve, do you still have the 30?
I may have someone interested.
Dave
Old 03-04-2005, 08:04 AM
Registered

Dave,
I had 2. One is definitely gone, and a check is supposed to be in the mail for the other. I will know by Monday. I do still have the 28. Thanks for your inquiry.
Regards,
Steve
Old 03-04-2005, 08:46 AM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Dave
I have a 30P Merc Lab Bravo 1 to let go of.

ONLY!!! if STEVE can not help!!! I'm not trying to take his sale.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Registered

Guys,
Both 30s are sold. I still have the 28". Linster, I told Dave about your prop.
Regards,
Steve

Quick Reply: speaking of props, does anybody need one of these?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.