This season's other Runs >

This season's other Runs

Notices

This season's other Runs

Old 05-17-2005, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Wink This season's other Runs

Don't forget there are other powerboat runs this year. Check out www.rochesteroffshore.com and click on events for the original run that speaks for itself -The Seneca Lake Battleship Run on July 16th- More cash prizes, prize table and lowest entry fee than any run in upstate NY!
Also if you are more in the Lake Ontario area there is the Oswego Powerboat run an the same weekend as the SPBA run.
(Just posting equal time here, Need for Speed!)
Old 05-17-2005, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: This season's other Runs

your run does not have radar run??????????????????????????what UP WITH THAT.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Default Re: This season's other Runs

Thanks For posting Whiplash. I think a few SPBA members are planning on attending. Do you still have to be a member of ROPA to participate? If so, what does membership cost and do you have membership forms on the ROPA website?
A few SPBA members were pretty bummed out last year because the Battleship run didn't have a Radar Run . I guess they went to the showboat just to see the speed run. Oh well, I guess if they don't get their fill at the Pirates Run Radar Run, tuff luck. We had a little problem with our Radar gun last year . I guess the Fireworks and the Band jammin at the party made up for it. Unbelievibly, we had a sponsor (A.S. Mechanical- Thanks Andy ) buy the SPBA a brand new Stalker II Radar gun for this years run. Should be fun.
Whiplash have fun during the Oswego run. Hopefully, Ontario will be a "proper Lady". Be Safe.

Last edited by Need-the-Speed; 05-17-2005 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Oh yeah,
I just wanted to make it clear, for the record, I posted a blanket thread inviting all clubs and owners groups to the Pirates Run.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Registered

at least the local spba club supports the local area with donations and thanks . other clubs come to the area run the lake piss off some of the locals and leave. It is to bad the boaters get so rapped up in how important they are and how much they spent on there new boat. But it is nice to say that the spba club gets along and talks to every one who is involved . Having parties and just plane old get togethers and run different areas with out problems. Why can't we all just get along, before you know it boats will be like CB radios no one will have them.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:42 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Well said Carney! Didn't you use to be involved in the ROPA association? I thought I remember seeing you at the Showboat a few years back. What ever happended?
I can't wait to see that bad A$$ Fountain at the Run.

Last edited by Need-the-Speed; 05-19-2005 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:30 AM
Registered

Re: This season's other Runs

ROPA had a pole to see what every one wanted did not think they cared about my votes.speed runs, having meetings some place besides rochester.also i am a member but i have to ask to get bulletins and what goes on in club.its like i am not there; SPBA we do not have any of that; every one is great and out to have FUN .bottom line i think we need to get together face it there is not a lot off people that have that need for speed.but right know SPBA rules lets get them out there and have some fun in the SUN.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:30 AM
VP
Registered

Ok then!!! put down your guns and play nice

We have all been shooting bullets at each other and it is time to play nice, and play together, like the IRL and CART need to do...... to survive !!!

Soooooooo -- I will start this off with a nice jester of friendship's !!

We (as in SPBA) will host the "Pirates Run" next year, on July 15th, so all the folks from all the other organizations can join in together and be one BIG happy family!!!!!

What do you all think about that ???? This is a GREAT offer that should not be taken lightly.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

You mean like one Poker Run on Seneca Lake, that you do NOT need to have membership in the hosting Club to participate? Where the hosting club obtains all legel documentation (regatta permit) and Insurances to avoid noise problems and all the other B.S. Probably 150 + boats. One big a$$ party. Huge Purse. Massive Donation to Charity.
Sounds to good to be true. Maybe someday.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:12 PM
M2
Registered

lowest entry fee than any run in upstate NY!
Something doesn’t add up Whiplash.
Let’s see……….
ROPA entry fee…..$75 but you must be a member. So the real entry cost is $110. Plus $50 for each passenger.
SPBA entry fee….$80 no membership required. Each poker hand passenger $45.

ROPA for driver and one passenger? $160.00
SPBA for driver and one passenger? $125.00

Last time I checked, 125 was less than 160.

Quick Reply: This season's other Runs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.