Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lake Winni!

If you boat here post away!
Old 06-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We boat there.....have not been up yet this year.....
Old 06-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We are at the lake, but boat is still a few weeks from launch!
Old 06-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might be up a few times this year.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Will be up next weekend! Hope to have the boat up there for July 4th with new paint!
Old 06-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We're up basically every weekend - we'll be up for the week of the 4th too.

Here's my 2 yr. old from this past weekend - seems like a natural to me!?
Attached Thumbnails Lake Winni!-kyle-driving-rs.jpg  
Old 06-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Registered

This is my first year on the lake, any pointers as to lake etiquette and party spots would be helpful Thanks.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:20 PM

up every weekend
Old 06-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Registered

Angry

Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE
Everything you know about the ocean or river riding..... Legally wise... forget it... Lake Winni is awesome but the problem is the Marine Patrol are extremely strict... Young cowboys looking to meet a quota..... And pretty much just assume every boat out there (other then high performance) are weekend warriors / or rentals.... Don't assume they know where they are or what they are doing...

Rules of thumb:

1. Never follow someone thinking they know the markers... Usually they are following someone else who doesn't.

2. Consider everyone out there a weekend warrior (someone who just drops in on a holiday and doesn't have a clue)

3. When in doubt that you might be breaking the 150 ft. rule. Go to headway speed... The Marine Patrol literally pulled me over and said "how far do you think you were from that boat?" I said about 150 ft... He said "no, I think it was more like 140".. thank god no ticket, but just an example...

Stick to those you should be fine.... The Lake in my humble opinion is one of the best places on earth.... Always love the sights, the boats, and the happenings all over.

As far as party spots.. there are 2 hands down as the best:
1. the Naswa beach bar (but heavily patrolled and congested)
2. Braun Bay. North West on your chart, left of Trexlers Marina - Long Island. Great sandy bottom and always a great time. Volley ball, boats, beer, babes..... It also gets crowded but just bring food and drinks and plan on spending the day and seeing ALOT of people and boats... You wade around in the water up to your waist and meet tons of people.. Always a good time.

Again, welcome and keep posting!
It statements like this is why Ive been fighting a speed limit law in NH for 2 years I dont want to sound like a **** or anything but if you got pulled over you deserved it....... if people stayed away from other people the tree huggers wouldn't have as much to ***** about!!! Winies a nice place but I choose to stay in a different part of the State to many IDIOTS ( exspecailly on the weekends) if you really want to enjoy Winni wait till Sept or take a tuesday off

Again not to piss anyone off but the things that happen on winnie are effecting the rest of the state lakes and it's a sore subject with me!!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just use common sense. Think about what you are doing WHEN you are doing it and you'll be fine. The 150' rule is a MUST follow, for common courtesy as well as keeping the MP and others off your back. It is a great place - been on the lake since I was 10mo. old and have seen lots of changes, some good - some, well... maybe a bit less-then-good. I would also consider joining an organization like NHRBA (www.nhrba.com), it will get you in "the right loop" of what's-what on the lake. Aside from that, enjoy it - be safe and be couretous and you'll never want to be any place else in the summer!

Quick Reply: Lake Winni!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.