Notices

NJ Area Lakes

Old 04-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stfntn
Thanks for the replies guys. Sounds like I'll need to get a tow rig or a slip at a minimum. Hate to admit it, but have never taken the Fountain offshore, so that idea will take some getting used to. How's the Hudson? Being a "lake" guy to date when I hear river (and when I've been at the Hudson) I"m afraid of debris, water depth, etc.
Don,t be affraid of the Hudson you have the perfect boat for it. Their are guys on this site that will meet up with you and show you around. Shoot me a pm anytime I know alot of launch ramps to chose from, where the hightest gas docks are if you need it and some good food stops. Also a few poker runs to chose from and you should check out our boat club at njppc.com it will be the best 60 bucks you ever spent. And welcome to jersey we can always use another fountain guy.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Hey 1st!
I grew up in Florham Park, live one town away now and I am still on the First Aid Squad there. It is a nice hometown community. I think you will enjoy the area. I keep my boat @ Typhoon Service Center in Toms River, NJ. It is about an hour & fifteen minute ride to get there but it is right on Barnegat Bay. The bay has protected waters from Pt. Pleasant (5 miles North) to roughly Atlantic City (40 miles south). The bay is shallow in spots but is fairly well marked and easy to learn. It averages 3-6 miles wide. Feel free to pm me if you need any info on Florham Park or the Jersey Shore.
Your first NJ lesson: We go "down the shore", not "to the beach or the ocean"
Old 05-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Registered

Bugsy,
yes it was in today's local newspaper there is a "aeromonas " bacteria that killed alot of sunnies the article said it doesn't effect humans but at this time of year the sunnies are under alot of stress you know spawning temp changes and all that stuff so they are more suseptible to the bacteria I sorta chuckled stress being a sunny
Old 05-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: HILLSBOROUGH, NJ OCEAN BEACH, NJ & LIDO KEY FLORIDA

Thanks Mattyboy, I'll be putting the boat on the lake soon, see ya there, we'll hook up.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I'll need to put the lake house in Hot Springs on the market and start looking for a slip on the Hundson. I've got to do some house hunting in the Florham Park area as well. Any places you would recommend that aren't too far from the water but still not a bad drive to Florham Park? Or even better, somewhere on the water that isn't a horrible drive to Florham Park? Your real estate prices are pretty scary to those of us here in the central US, so I think a two house setup like I have here (i.e. a house and a lake house) is out of the question based on my income tax bracket. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: HILLSBOROUGH, NJ OCEAN BEACH, NJ & LIDO KEY FLORIDA
Default Tom A

Hey Tom A, I'm good friends with one of your employees, "JR",
He was at my shore house last night.