Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
who wants to go wild at Winggi!!!!!!! >

who wants to go wild at Winggi!!!!!!!

Notices

who wants to go wild at Winggi!!!!!!!

Old 04-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what else we have done for the late comers or people that dont want to chance the sand is we pull them into the raft bow first and tie it like that, it keeps the drives in a good 6-10 feet of water and works out well. we did that a few times last year with great sucses. also, if i know alot of people are coming, i can try to arange to bring my inflatable out there. if some one wants to tie up out further and not swim in, i can shuttle you back and forth. i have a 9 foot with a 6hp so i can take 3-4 people at a time
Old 04-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by noyzee
what else we have done for the late comers or people that dont want to chance the sand is we pull them into the raft bow first and tie it like that, it keeps the drives in a good 6-10 feet of water and works out well. we did that a few times last year with great sucses. also, if i know alot of people are coming, i can try to arange to bring my inflatable out there. if some one wants to tie up out further and not swim in, i can shuttle you back and forth. i have a 9 foot with a 6hp so i can take 3-4 people at a time
You've been doing this for awhile.....
Old 04-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by slboatdrinks
You've been doing this for awhile.....
whats that? going wild at winggi??

if so, yes, ive been going there since i was 2 weeks old 28 years ago!!!!! i grew up and pretty much lived on boats for the summer since i was born, and 50% of the time was ithat area. there or craines beach, which if winggi is rockin and rollin with waves, we can move the party to back beach and be compleatly covers up and in mint condition with similar setting.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Registered

the last time a saw a boat that looked like that It cost the guy $5,000 to get it off the beach.LOL
Old 04-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Registered

man the water is cold up there, my late uncle had a 46footer we would go out of the river around cape ann and come in the other side, I got to pilot the boat once we were out of the river. oh we use to fish with drop lines for cod, thats a cool area my uncle owned the house next to the studio in rocky neck, Istill go up and stay in some rental units they own around the curve from the ice cream shop to the house. never brought my boat in the harbor dry pipes are a no no. put went throught the river to the races in 91 and 93 I think it was nice trip from boston.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
man the water is cold up there, my late uncle had a 46footer we would go out of the river around cape ann and come in the other side, I got to pilot the boat once we were out of the river. oh we use to fish with drop lines for cod, thats a cool area my uncle owned the house next to the studio in rocky neck, Istill go up and stay in some rental units they own around the curve from the ice cream shop to the house. never brought my boat in the harbor dry pipes are a no no. put went throught the river to the races in 91 and 93 I think it was nice trip from boston.
Artie,

Come on up. You can show me around.

Never been boating on the North shore.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Registered

air, in that spot water is 65-75 its accually very warm. i love it
Old 04-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

SOunds like a great place. I saw in one of your pics the Painted Water Tower so i have a kind of idea where abouts it is.
-Mike
Old 04-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Registered

the water tower pic is accually on my ride out in salem. its not at winggi.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by slboatdrinks
Artie,

Come on up. You can show me around.

Never been boating on the North shore.
steve thanks I charted a course from hingham harbor to the race course by chart in 93 or 94 it was foggy out in the morning so you could only see a 1/4 mile in front of you we hit the gloucester harbor dead on went throught the river and out the other side you could see 200ft ran in to the CC with there big cutter 200fter and I asked are we close to the race site, they laughed and said I was at the starting line. when I told them no gps or loran just compass they started laughing and said your good and nuts. so we waited for a 1 or 2 and you could see a mile or 2 so they ran the race but the racers got lost and they had a small course went light 18miles between cans, I still have the course with map if you want to go out of hingham and will pich in for gas, also will call my auntie Millie up if you want to get rooms if we can tie up for the night. I'll call yah.

Last edited by AIR TIME; 04-10-2009 at 09:09 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.