Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
who wants to go wild at Winggi!!!!!!! >

who wants to go wild at Winggi!!!!!!!

Notices

who wants to go wild at Winggi!!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool who wants to go wild at Winggi!!!!!!!

looking to set up some get togethers here in mass.
we have the hot spot

Wingaersheek Beach

its great times. i leave from my marina in Danvers. its a nice 20 min river run to the open water, then a nice 20 min ride down the coast to Glouchester. from there its either a 30 min river run or if all is good a 30 min ride around the outside of the island. then drop anchore for the day/night at winggi. fromt the other side its an easy ride down from the NH area, salsbury, newburyport etc.
there is 2 ramps within 5 min boat ride of my marina and they are nice ramps with over night parking and no worries, we leave our trucks there all the time. both ramps are very large boat friendly, a couple of the guys drop there. one with a 47 fountain. low tide is hard with a boat over 30 feet, but as of last year they said they are doing a new ramp. have not been to check yet. slips avalable at the marina i keep my boat at. full bath house, showers, washer dryer etc. hotels within 5 min of the marina as well. about 1 mile
if you wanted to skip the ride, there is a ramp in the anisqam river 20 min river ride for the smaller boats or what not. if the water is good you could dump in there and still do the quick loop outside the island to get there.
coming from the north is easy as well. dump in in newburyport, or essex. the river run is prety well marked and i would be happy to meet anyone just about anyplace and lead them over to winggi.
its great times, gills going, beer flowing, girls dancin, swimin warm water, kid and dog friendly. and there is a store about 3,000 feet across the river that sells beer incase of emergency

heres a few pics from last year.
lets set something up. besides a few poker runs we will be there just about every good weekend starting next month, we usually do over nights.

heres a few pics. great times.
i cant post the girl pics, not sure they would be happy with it. lol

http://www.goingoutside.com/beach/10...achusetts.html
Old 04-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Count me in give me a date. I have a few under my name for everyone else as a heads up
-Mike
Old 04-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Registered

i might try to do the block island run. i need to see a chart to get the distance make sure i can make it and be sure the weather is good.
looks like may theres something, nothing in june yet? we should shoot for either memorial day, or a weekend in june. what works for everyone?

im there either way most weekends, good times
Old 04-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

There is pleanty in June just nothign listed as of yet. Let me know when you want to get togehter up ther because im down for all. Cant wait to run it.
-Mike
Old 04-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Registered

I have a good freind from school in the clouster area. might be a good excuse to get up there and see them.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Registered

lets do memorial day? i know it will be packed, i know it will be good times, and i know we have monday off!!!!!!
if anyone needs a spot to keep boat and trailer, i can make it happen. i can fit atleast 4 25-35 foot in my driveway, its 200+ feet long, i have a parking lot 400 feet from my house that wont be an issue eitheer.

i can almost bet, one trip to winngi, you'll be back!!!!!

30csutphen, i know for sureyou will love it, theres atleast 2 sutphens i can get there, and if its good 3-5, i know u are a car guy and know you have a fam and know you are welcome to stay at my place!! i hace a pull out in my spare room with a 60" tv and the baby/chiled can stay in my nieces room (2 single beds 2 feet from the spare room!! you will love it. i'll go threw more pics, but do it onceon a good weekend you will make the ride every weekend you can. we have a great time, and your sutphen 26 will easy do what my mate will do. no worries!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my interest peaked.....
Old 04-08-2009, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I grew up boating around Cape Ann and really miss that area. 20 yrs ago there was a large crew of fast boats out of the Essex River, many Sutphens from the Danvers area. Too bad, most are long gone. Spent many days on Winggi and back side of Cranes beach! I'd love to get down there sometime this summer!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Registered

slboatdrinks, make the trip. the ride over from boston isnt to bad. its probably less then and hour from the mouth of boston harbor to the mouth of the annisqam river. im not sure where you are located tho, or if you would want to trailer to danvers and run up with us etc. you might be a little faster then us tho, we cruz about 40-50 depending on the water.

there is another 32 AT that im sure will be making the trip. he met up with us once last year at mysery island, would have gone out more, but hurt one of his motors and i think called it a season.

Biggus, ive been going to winggi and cranes my hole life (28 years) i used to know the marsh like the back of my hand. the sutphens that used to go are accually back. Brian has his, rodger still has his and theres a few more.

theres a few Baja, my Mate, couple donzi, etc etc etc. on a good day the turbine cat cruzes threw as well.
great times.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

SOunds all good to me lets get a date set. Hopefully out of paint and back together by then.
Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.