Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Lake Hopatcong Guys Check In!! >

Lake Hopatcong Guys Check In!!

Notices

Lake Hopatcong Guys Check In!!

Old 11-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's a very cool boat. how much power does the turbine produce? anyone know the drive type? i'd like to see that against the 28 skater with triple outboards
Old 11-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by prostock85
The guy with the turbine is Derick/Derek (sp") its a 25 elim. Says it will do 160 but only ran it to 140. Very nice guy.
yea love that founatin that hook nose is the sh!t was looking at a couple but went with the cat boat instead...

As for the turbine cat hes a friend of mine. his names gary it has a lycoming turbine that makes 1800 with out meth injection fastest hes gone is 136 gps. ive been for rides in the boat and its insane fast. i think hes gonna go for 150 plus this year.

couple vids we took of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKPuj...layer_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F1c9...layer_embedded
Old 11-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by n2ojoe
yea love that founatin that hook nose is the sh!t was looking at a couple but went with the cat boat instead...

As for the turbine cat hes a friend of mine. his names gary it has a lycoming turbine that makes 1800 with out meth injection fastest hes gone is 136 gps. ive been for rides in the boat and its insane fast. i think hes gonna go for 150 plus this year.

couple vids we took of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKPuj...layer_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F1c9...layer_embedded
Way off on the name, my bad. Nice to see any performance boats on our puny lake. What ever happened to that nice Donzi and Hustler? Didn't see them at all this year
Old 11-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by prostock85
Yes it is, It was put on as a joke and left it for the year. I wanted to call it "Berth Control" so it was boat related.

Hustler 21 is the reason I got a "warning" last year. I was trying to catch up to him (no chance) and got pulled over for speeding and 100% hull out of water. Worth it though..

Hope to see you guys next year
The speeding ticket is no big deal got about 7 of them the one year when I had my red and white intimidator. Only 50 bucks and no points.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 21 Hustler
that cigarette was bought from the owner of a large Ford dealership in south florida. Boat was originally black sides with white deck and was called "Cant a Ford it"...during its life with us it went through about 7 sets of engines or all power ranges and exhaust variations. Boat originally had a red interior, after we sold it to another person on lake hopatcong he totally redid the interior and i think that is how it remains. We had painted the boat and the design and colors as it is now is how we sold it, it may have been repainted since, but i do not know. The boat spent winters in miami/boca raton FL area in rack storage and used in the ocean and its summers on lake hopatcong NJ. By the early 90's it became a strictly freshwater lake hopatcong boat no longer making the trip to florida for winters. being 26 now i dont remember all the details other than spending the beginning of every summer sanding/treating/refinishing the teak on the dash. hope this helps

Well here is a couple for the memories. If you could scan and post some old photos of her it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Registered

Well idk what the rest of you are up to with your boats but here is some of what im working on right now

The awesome cat is getting the B&M 8-71 and the Baja is running the tiny 177. Im putting some stronger rods in the cat 502 and hopefully see 900+ on the dyno. As for the 177 it is on my baja 468ci and made about 625hp.

Lets see what everyone else is up to!!

Last edited by n2ojoe; 12-02-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Registered

hopefully that big huffer will be able to take down my puny little egg beaters!
Old 12-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stangkilr
hopefully that big huffer will be able to take down my puny little egg beaters!
haha i hope so i think the 8-71 is like 436CI it-self should get that slug moving past those sewing machines you call engines... keeping it in one peice is another story
Old 12-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by n2ojoe
haha i hope so i think the 8-71 is like 436CI it-self should get that slug moving past those sewing machines you call engines... keeping it in one peice is another story
exactly! i'm not going to touch my motors until you keep that pig running for more than a month at triple digits...then i'll just go w/ 300's and make you spend more money
Old 12-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Registered

wow. do you have any pics of the boat the larger blower is going into? what drive/steering do you plan on using for all that power? what speeds might it run? looks cool

how about the baja? drive? speeds

Love to see others' setups

Good Luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.