Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Hudson Guys (Bannerman Castle Collapse ) >

Hudson Guys (Bannerman Castle Collapse )

Notices

Hudson Guys (Bannerman Castle Collapse )

Old 01-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very sad to hear. any clue what year the photo in the first post was taken. my guess is that it must have been collapsing over the years. I have never seen it look that nice before. I would love to have a copy of that photo for my self.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by live wire
I had heard over the summer that due to lack of funds and the complexity of the project even a partial restoration didnt look likely . Maybe with this recent down turn some interest will be generated.
Hey Kev
You goin to the poker run in Old Forge on the 30th. Starts at Daikers.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Registered

Hey Jim, Its definatley on the radar . How about you ???
Old 01-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Boat
very sad to hear. any clue what year the photo in the first post was taken. my guess is that it must have been collapsing over the years. I have never seen it look that nice before. I would love to have a copy of that photo for my self.
Check out google images. There are TONS of pictures.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in with with a crew.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Wow, is that the castle that's near Bear Mtn?
Old 01-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
Wow, is that the castle that's near Bear Mtn?

Yeah Frank , Its about 15 minutes north just shy of the Newburgh Beacon Bridge on th NY side.

PM me if your thinking of making a run up the river this season.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JamesGang
Hey Kev
You goin to the poker run in Old Forge on the 30th. Starts at Daikers.
I'm out Jim, I wont be able to make it to the sled run ...I'm having a bunch of work done to the motor so my play money funds are being directed to the boat.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:58 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Yeah Frank , Its about 15 minutes north just shy of the Newburgh Beacon Bridge on th NY side.

PM me if your thinking of making a run up the river this season.
Cool, thanks! Passed it so many times but never knew the name of it... Can't remember the name of the restaurant we used to go to, it was on a barge up near the Newburgh bridge. Can I get 93 octane up there? Last time I was there I went to a gas dock right at the base of the newburg bridge, or maybe it was the next bridge but they only had 89 and I still had my Panther.

I may just have to do that and let you know....I was tossing around the idea of running up there with wife/kid to the torches area for an overnighter... Last year we ran around the bay a lot with the baby, getting her used to the ride (she loves it!) but never traveled long distance... So now that she'll be closer to 3 yrs old, I figure a nice run up the Hudson is much more predictable/calm with the baby onboard!

Last edited by Panther; 01-26-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
Cool, thanks! Passed it so many times but never knew the name of it... Can't remember the name of the restaurant we used to go to, it was on a barge up near the Newburgh bridge. Can I get 93 octane up there? Last time I was there I went to a gas dock right at the base of the newburg bridge, or maybe it was the next bridge but they only had 89 and I still had my Panther.

I may just have to do that and let you know....I was tossing around the idea of running up there with wife/kid to the torches area for an overnighter... Last year we ran around the bay a lot with the baby, getting her used to the ride (she loves it!) but never traveled long distance... So now that she'll be closer to 3 yrs old, I figure a nice run up the Hudson is much more predictable/calm with the baby onboard!
That area Bear Mnt up thru Newburgh bridges is my home turf . My dad is a member at he Cortland Yacht club which is a little south of Bear Mnt which is a great family spot for overnighting with a pool, clean showers, food, etc & lotsa kids. The barge ( bar ) is called Gully's , there are a half a dozen or so great resturants on the water in that area. As far as 93 octane on the water . I'd say no but 91 is availible . If I knew you were heading up I could get you some race fuel to make up the difference. Give me shout if your thinking about taking a cruise up north "up the mother waters" as my old man calls it.

Here are my girls at 3 & 6... they cant get enough of the boat
Attached Thumbnails Hudson Guys (Bannerman Castle Collapse )-17463_1219853530187_1044382832_520993_1331106_n.jpg   Hudson Guys (Bannerman Castle Collapse )-17463_1219853570188_1044382832_520994_1330630_n.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.