Boating destinations near Orient point NY

Notices

Boating destinations near Orient point NY

Old 06-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Boating destinations near Orient point NY

I am looking for information on your favorite ports for lunch / dinner or sightseeing, and a few good places to pull in to anchor near a sandy beach for a swim in the Orient / Geenport / Montauk Long Island area. I may try the run to Block Island or Marthas Vineyard if you think it is worth it. Is the canal easily navigible to the south shore area from the bay? Is there any good place to head for on the Long Island south shore by boat? Thanks, Chris
Old 06-14-2010, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ironman, there are a lot of great places.I just went to the boathouse on 3 mile harbor in East Hampton on friday it was great and no charge to tie up.Claudio's in Greenport is a great stop on weekends also. Montauk has lots of resturants/bars and some great beaches.Block Island is always fun although I must pick my days (24 superboat). I live in Montauk and there is always something going on.Also there are 2 rock n roll boat parties in the summer,and these u dont want to miss! --Jim.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:11 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks flyerjim, Any favorite sandy beaches for anchoring and swimming?
Old 07-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by flyerjim
Ironman, there are a lot of great places.I just went to the boathouse on 3 mile harbor in East Hampton on friday it was great and no charge to tie up.Claudio's in Greenport is a great stop on weekends also. Montauk has lots of resturants/bars and some great beaches.Block Island is always fun although I must pick my days (24 superboat). I live in Montauk and there is always something going on.Also there are 2 rock n roll boat parties in the summer,and these u dont want to miss! --Jim.
Trying to find out a little more about those Rock n Roll boat parties... Dates, place, etc.. Is there a website somewhere to check out?
Thanks
Rich
Old 07-31-2010, 11:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I'm also interested, Boat-A-Palooza is tomorrow in the bay in sag harbor so I hear. I'll be headed over in the morning!
Old 08-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Registered

Mad hatter how was boat-a-palooza?
Old 08-02-2010, 06:10 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by flyerjim
I live in Montauk
Lucky man...Montauk is my favorite place in this whole country, and I've been all over America.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Registered

ttt

Last edited by 30ctsutphen; 08-02-2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: duplicate post
Old 08-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
Lucky man...Montauk is my favorite place in this whole country, and I've been all over America.
Indy, thanks yes its a great place to live,I am a lucky guy.Came to town in early 90's , involved in commercial fishing. Fishing days over now. There's a boat party sat aug 7 near southold.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Registered

Shoot over to Water's Edge in CT...10 to 15 minutes from Oreient cruising 50 to 60...You can anchor behind salt island, at low tide its 2 to 4 feet deep, you can walk to shore. They have an outside restaurant and bar thats real nice! it is a very swanky place...Al

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.