Old 06-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 365 Likes on 244 Posts

sad to hear...
Old 06-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't say enough for the value of PFD's. I have known strong swimmers that drowned under the right circumstances.

Tragic story.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KEVLARKAT32
Getting conflicting stories but what I hear the most is they were on a boat , ran out of gas and they tried to make it to shore on a Raft , it overturned and the 40 YO female that could not swim was not wearing a PFD. I don't know if anyone here has been put in this situation when you have only minutes frantically searching for victim because of very short window to revive which we were prepared to do , had a nurse on board but sad to say it never happened . Both survivors were exhausted understandably very upset when we brought them aboard .Lesson here is simple . if your a poor swimmer or cant swimmer wear a PFD
great job, I got to a 15ft boat just as it sank saved a 9yr old and 12yr old ,father and his 2 dumb friends NO pfds this was at the end of the cape cod canal west end, it was stupid of them being there. I had to go swimming twice once for the kids since there dad was useless and then for the CG they needed a line tied to the sunk boat this was after we stuffed my boat and cracked a rib being ejected. a hour earlier. you did a great job saving them we had people fly by us with hugh wakes azz hole cuisers and sport fishers. after saving them I let the father have it for endangering his kids with no pfds they were crying down in the cabin. its sad people don't think about pfds look at all the canoes that tip over and people drown. well be safe guys. art
Old 06-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Registered

I agree with the PFD things entirely. I even would go so far as to say that It would be good if they were mandatory while underway.

Having come from a jetski background where you must wear one all the time, I think it would be the EXCUSE more people would need to wear thiers. I get allot of people on my boat who dont want to wear them.

When I am flying across to claudios I usually MAKE people wear them, but its always an argument.
WTF I am trying to save them and they act like I am being a prick.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:23 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Delaware River is a killer for sure. Lost another person last night to it. Searched for 3 hours but after the first few minutes it's a recovery search. Water is warm so the bodies pop up in a few days. At least the families get some closure. Winter months it sometimes takes till spring until their found. Believe me we get far too many days work looking for people falling, jumping etc. Fast deep running currents and alot of submerged things to get stuck on and trapped. My prayers to the families of the lost ones. We do our best to get them ASAP. And to the people who call complaining that the wake from our boat has upset them while docked at Penns Landing and the piers above. Sorry we sometimes have to rock your world a bit but how would you like us to respond if it was you or yours in the water. Last night the radio was full of complaints about my wake while responding to another call around 9pm for a boat in distress near Linden Ave. SORRY! NOT!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:05 AM
Registered

responce time is always the critical factor in any rescue operation. go get em bill!!!!!!