Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
connecticut boaters what do you do for a living? >

connecticut boaters what do you do for a living?

Notices

connecticut boaters what do you do for a living?

Old 06-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default connecticut boaters what do you do for a living?

I'll start this thread off I guess.

We are a family contracting company that was started in 1937 by my grandfather, we build houses, comercial buildings and also do new construction interor trim and painting for other builders as subcontractors.

We can really build just about anything and own all our own equipment including 3 excavators, dozer, backhoe, bobcat skid steer, 66 ft man lift, and a dump truck. So we dont have to wait for anyone when we are ready to go! LOL

The name of the business is Palazzo Companies LLC and we are out of Simsbury CT. 860 651 4109

I also hold a CT real estate liscense.

My personal side deal is selling turbos, wastegates, BOV's and making headers for 67 thru 69 firebird turbo cars.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:00 AM
Registered

Cool

i work for clean harbors of bristol ct we are 1 of the biggest hazmat companies in the world i been all over new england on spills explosions and back and fourth to the gulf spill running boats out in the gulf to running down equipment i have a commercial driving liscence with hazmat im a driver,equipment operator, and a facilitry tech 1 .
Old 06-23-2010, 06:40 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

I am part owner and Sr. Vice President of Capital Financial Planning. We are an independent investment advisory firm with ING as our Broker Dealer. Our core business is asset management and income planning as well as 401k's and retirement planning.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts
Default The Dog Cabin LLC

I own and operate a Dog boarding, daycare and grooming facility in Middletown. The Dog Cabin is a "cage free" boarding facility that allows your dog to play in a doggie daycare environment during the day, while boarding with us. If anyone needs dog boarding while boating for and overnight or extended vacation this summer, let me know. We cater to boaters !!! WWW.dogcabinct.com
Old 06-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Registered

I am an independent computer consultant. I mostly deal with small businesses under 50 employees. I do server, desktop, network and remote access for the most part but I can pretty much get anything done that needs to be done. My website is bare bones right now until I can get it all updated with current stuff www.ducai.com. I also host websites too. Like CPBA http://www.spyder-gt.com/cpba/cpba.htm

Steve
Old 06-23-2010, 09:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work for an investment bank in its North American headquarters in Stamford. I work for the Secondary Loan Trading Desk (Syndicated Loans).

If you guys are ever looking for a place to grab some wings and a burger, my dad owns a bar/grill in Westport, CT called The Black Duck Cafe. He's had the place since 1979 and was recently featured on the Food Network (Diners, Drive-In & Dives). The place is an old ice barge with a nautical motif, but he has pictures up of both old and new race boats in the place.

Come support my old man so he can buy a bigger boat!

http://www.niteimage.com/clubs/Black...ckDuckCafe.htm

Last edited by Big Time; 06-24-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:29 AM
10M
Registered

Kreed, I had no idea, I will definately be taking you up on the Dog Cabin. I have a 7 month old puppy that is sometimes not conducive to boating/snowmobiling. Not to mention my mom, sister, brother and dad all live in the area. I'll be talking to you i'm sure.

Speaking of snowmobiling.....
I manage a family-owned 3rd generation business that deals with Ski-Doo snowmobiles and Can-am ATVs. For most of the year we are a full-service swimming pool dealer, specializing in inground and aboveground installations, service, parts, and a full retail store. If it's related to pools, spas, Ski-doo or Can-Am, we have it.

www.huntersskidoo.com
www.hunterspool.com
Old 06-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I am the Director of Business Development at Smith Brothers Insurance in Glastonbury, CT. I specialize in bonding for construction companies and I represent the surety needs of over 100 contractors throughout New England and the East Coast. Including the owner of the boat in my avatar

Our firm also handles insurance and benefits for construction companies. So if you are a contractor, feel free to give me a call!

Craig
Old 06-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Registered
Gold Member

IT Project Manager for one of the big insurance companies in Hartford. Do all my boating in Upstate NY though
Old 06-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Outside sales rep for an online market research firm. I sit at a computer most of the time except for once a month when I head to LA, Chicago or NY to wine and dine the clients. I handle 2 of the top 5 clients at our company so it is more about client relationships than selling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.