Block Island July 3rd-4th Run(CT) >

Block Island July 3rd-4th Run(CT)

Notices

Block Island July 3rd-4th Run(CT)

Old 06-29-2010, 11:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Block Island July 3rd-4th Run(CT)

Hey Everyone,

Myself and a few cigarettes 32+ft will be leaving Between the Bridges Marina (Old Saybrook, CT) @ 930am (tentative) on Saturday morning to run over to Block. The plan is to anchor or find a spot in New Harbor and raft and stay for the evening fireworks and leave Sunday morning. We will also be heading to the beaches and old harbor, yellow kitten, ballards, the usual good nightlife spots.

There is a launch available in New Harbor, and I have plenty of rigging to anchor. If anyone is interested in rafting or coming over for the run, let me know. I want to make sure everyone has adequate time to prepare rigging, fenders, lines and anchors so it's easier to keep everything in check.

I will be mooring with 2 fortress aluminum 5klb anchors which should keep me steady in the event we cannot find a spot at any of the marinas to raft (which is more than likely).

I figured more than just us have thought about this, but wanted to extend the invite to fellow OSOers.

Pretty much every other spot is going to be a mad house on Long Island so Block is the spot to be. Feel free to PM me or call my cell (203) 980.8807 to coordinate.

Good times, hope all have a fun and more importantly a safe weekend!

-Patrick
42' Outerlimits
Old 06-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Registered

we will be going there sat. to old harbor hope to get there early to find a parking spot
Old 06-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Registered

I think I am going to be heading there on my buddys sportfish.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by madhatter42
Hey Everyone,

Myself and a few cigarettes 32+ft will be leaving Between the Bridges Marina (Old Saybrook, CT) @ 930am (tentative) on Saturday morning to run over to Block. The plan is to anchor or find a spot in New Harbor and raft and stay for the evening fireworks and leave Sunday morning. We will also be heading to the beaches and old harbor, yellow kitten, ballards, the usual good nightlife spots.

There is a launch available in New Harbor, and I have plenty of rigging to anchor. If anyone is interested in rafting or coming over for the run, let me know. I want to make sure everyone has adequate time to prepare rigging, fenders, lines and anchors so it's easier to keep everything in check.

I will be mooring with 2 fortress aluminum 5klb anchors which should keep me steady in the event we cannot find a spot at any of the marinas to raft (which is more than likely).

I figured more than just us have thought about this, but wanted to extend the invite to fellow OSOers.

Pretty much every other spot is going to be a mad house on Long Island so Block is the spot to be. Feel free to PM me or call my cell (203) 980.8807 to coordinate.

Good times, hope all have a fun and more importantly a safe weekend!

-Patrick
42' Outerlimits
Its a great time shooting for the same time we go every year
When you pull in new harbor way down you will see a
house on stilts on the left. This is where u can anchor " dingy beach". bring it way in to you see about 6 feet water depth

Block Island is a blast look forward to meeting all you guys
First round at ballards is on me!

last year

Old 06-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 291 Likes on 138 Posts

ill be there......new harbor
Old 06-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by KNOT-RIGHT
Its a great time shooting for the same time we go every year
When you pull in new harbor way down you will see a
house on stilts on the left. This is where u can anchor " dingy beach". bring it way in to you see about 6 feet water depth

Block Island is a blast look forward to meeting all you guys
First round at ballards is on me!

last year

where's the Sutphen???
Old 06-30-2010, 09:29 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Knot, looking forward to meeting you as well! This should be a great time!

If anyone would like to raft or setup a meeting time where we can all meet n greet let me know! I'd like to see everyone involved!

More boats the better!

-Patrick

P.S. gorgeous boat, always loved your setup! Maybe we can raft up together if you don't melt the paint off my boat

Last edited by WildThing47; 06-30-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Running over Thursday afternoon, hoping to find a spot on the town dock in Old Harbor...see you at Ballards
Knot Right we passed last fourth I was leaving Newport and you were heading in..........The Fourth is my Christmas!!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 11:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hope to see you there SS!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Registered

I think that we are 3 boats going over sunday...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.