Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
CT. River Run 2010 >

CT. River Run 2010

Notices

CT. River Run 2010

Old 09-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

We actually talked to Chris about Cig vs Outerlimits hull, he recommended to stick w/ Cigarette. I think it was the older step OL hull he suggested to stay away from. Im not sayin Sutphen boats arent great boats because I believe they are, but if theyre better boats than a Cigarette, how come its not know by the performance boat world? Are they a great secret kept hidden from the world by the Sutphen owners? Sounds like personal preferrence to me. Your very lucky to have the opportunity to run in so many different style boat hulls!
Old 09-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
Are you really comparing jet skis to Cigarette boats? Let me tell you my snowmobilewill go right past your Sutphen in the water so your point is? I don't care about all out speed I prefer the rough water capability or I would buy a cat. And as far as Cigarette owners being cocky you have been the only one talking crap about other boats and if you want I can repose them for you. And a side note green is not a good color on you
Now your not saying a cigarette is better in rough water than a cat, are you?
Old 09-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

I think we need to see a certain cafe finished a little earlier then next spring with a nice set up BBC's and dry pipes. Then it will be eating sutphens and sh!ting formulas not to mention pizzin out the remains of those rxp's
-Mike
Old 09-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by stainless
I think hes saying that if he wanted all out speed, he would buy a cat. But he likes the full cabin, bathroom, and all the other ammenities for his kids. The Cafe is a great handling boat that will run through 4 to 5 footers with ease. Not a race boat, but will run with any Sutphen in the rough.

A 32 Skater w/ 700's and #6 ??? Please....we do have our limits!!!! Just comparing like boats.

Last edited by kreed; 09-12-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by stainless
It is like kreed said if I was looking for all out speed and no cabin etc I would look into a cat. To be honest I have never been on a cat in rough water but if you offering ride let me know. And for the record I did not start this comparison this comes from the Sutphen guys on multiple threads over weeks
Old 09-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kreed
I think hes saying that if he wanted all out speed, he would buy a cat. But he likes the full cabin, bathroom, and all the other ammenities for his kids. The Cafe is a great handling boat that will run through 4 to 5 footers with ease. Not a race boat, but will run with any Sutphen in the rough.

A 32 Skater w/ 700's and #6 ??? Please....we do have our limits!!!! Just comparing like boats.
I read that he preferred rough water capability over speed or he would have bought a cat.
This would infer that a cig v is better in rough water than a cat, just clarifying.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Registered

It is like kreed said if I was looking for all out speed and no cabin etc I would look into a cat. To be honest I have never been on a cat in rough water but if you offering ride let me know. And for the record I did not start this comparison this comes from the Sutphen guys on multiple threads over weeks
I'd love to take you out for a ride sometime, let me know.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
I am not the most knowledgable guy on this site but I have been doing this my whole life and have had the opportunity to run in/run a number of high performance boats from all different manufactures which most people dont. I have known Chris my whole life as well and is a great friend. Another good friend of mine raced Sutphen's, then a 42 Outerlimits, then raced Chris's old race boat the Hardway, and eventually went back to the Sutphen. He said the Cigarette was a great boat but no Sutphen. I also work for the leading vee bottom builder, Outerlimits. I have experienced all different brands and crawled around looking at rigging and construction. I would put Sutphen up there with the best of the best for a flat bottom old school boat. But to say there's no boat as good as a Cigarette is just BS!!!
Dan the funny thing was I never made the comparison between Sutphen and Cigarette, that was you and 30 Sutphen that start all the talk about Sutphen being the best. Anyways I am not saying Cigarette is better then everything else. Bit I still say they are great boats that demand respect!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Stainless I need a comparison
-Mike
Old 09-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Dan the funny thing was I never made the comparison between Sutphen and Cigarette, that was you and 30 Sutphen that start all the talk about Sutphen being the best. Anyways I am not saying Cigarette is better then everything else. Bit I still say they are great boats that demand respect!
Maybe it was a Kreed or Sick. Yes they are a great boat and have the respect. Now the cat subject is a whole different thread!! Put in simple terms...........SKATER NATION!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.