Columbus Day Claudios >

Columbus Day Claudios

Notices

Columbus Day Claudios

Old 10-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
as you can see in the pic of kreeds boat in the suset it was really pretty flat on the way back. we were running pretty quickly on the run home except for the stop in the middle of the sound for DRINKS
That wasnt even close to our ride back water condition wise.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys probably ran back in what ran over in.
**** you were long gone when we got there because my spotter in sag harbor told me you had already blown by. right about the time I sent the text you NEVER answered.LOL

Its hard to believe the conditions is the SOUND changed quickly in october thats unheard of.....
Old 10-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Registered

You guys probably ran back in what ran over in.
**** you were long gone when we got there because my spotter in sag harbor told me you had already blown by. right about the time I sent the text you NEVER answered.LOL

Its hard to believe the conditions is the SOUND changed quickly in october thats unheard of.....
You sent it to my dad not me. Its the sound....whatelse is new. I bet it built up even more after you ran over. It gets snotty so quick with that wind!!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:36 PM
Registered

could have been worse It was pretty big though.

Not consistent at all either.
It was fun both ways going and coming back just very different. Sounds like it was small when you guys went over in the AM?
Old 10-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Registered

could have been worse It was pretty big though.

Not consistent at all either.
It was fun both ways going and coming back just very different. Sounds like it was small when you guys went over in the AM?
Flat!! Ran 75-80 the entire way!!
Old 10-14-2010, 12:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excellent pics as usual Dan & Morgan. Had a great time running and meeting with the family of Sutphen die hards. Too bad Jeff & Christian weren't with us, would have made it even better. We have to make sure captain one eye doesn't get a Sutphen or were in big trouble!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We passed frank going out of LI on our way in so he and us had been in the same water. I dont think it was 4 fter all the time, but there were some BIG holes for sure. I was drinking some water to the tune of 1 gallon buckets and that doesnt happen to easy in a sutphen 31 with a MR MGOO windshield.LOL
That Mr Magoo windshield may not look too sporty, but I'll tell you it certainly is functional. On a cool morning with all the water spraying kicking up it's priceless!

BTW, nice riding boat for "only" a 30! We slammed into some pretty deep and awkward holes on our way out there and I never once thought I had ruptured a disk. And the smaller stuff felt almost as soft as riding in a cat. Great riding boat for its size!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SS930
That Mr Magoo windshield may not look too sporty, but I'll tell you it certainly is functional. On a cool morning with all the water spraying kicking up it's priceless!

BTW, nice riding boat for "only" a 30! We slammed into some pretty deep and awkward holes on our way out there and I never once thought I had ruptured a disk. And the smaller stuff felt almost as soft as riding in a cat. Great riding boat for its size!
Thanks Scot
I like thewindshield from the inside more than I dont like it from the outside.LOL

So I guess its staying around for a while.

Even if I changed it I dont think id go as low as the factory sutphen windshield.

The sutphens Do run and ride well. That was defianet;ly a wierd ride over. The most wet I have ever gotten in any of our sutphens even in bigger water. I guess it was just the right combo of wind and water to nail us.