Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
CTguys buying a new boat for next year >

CTguys buying a new boat for next year

Notices

CTguys buying a new boat for next year

Old 11-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Oh, also..upgrades? 33 outlaw(Johnboy) here on the boards is removing the heads on the 502 EFI's for a valve jobs and bottom end inspections. Lookin to gain a couple MPH next year! Things are happenin!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=30ctsutphen;3245014]
The aitkins have a place" the black duck" too but I am not sure if its open year round.

QUOTE]

Open 365 days a year. We would love to host an event. The problem is its not centrally located being in Westport. We could throw something together quickly if needed though. Keep in mind we have docks now, so we could do something in the summer as well. i don't think anybody would mind heading down by boat

www.blackduckcafe.net
Old 11-03-2010, 08:25 AM
10M
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
That's right I heard Billy was looking again.

Also anyone doing upgrades post em up, include pics

10M has a new interior going in his Fountain. Post the pics Craig
My pics are all over the place on different cameras and computers. I'll gather them up and post em when I get a minute.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Wow, well said Scot. Well, it is hard to afford bikes, cars, and boats all at once. Im with you there. Ive had all those hobbies in the past too and boating by far is the most expensive. And that sucks, cause IMO, its the most fun! Ive always had to sell the present hobbie to move on to the next one, only way I can afford it. At this point in my life, Harleys are selfish(I have kids) and a higher risk of an accident than in a boat. Street cars can be expensive too( had 3 low 10 sec. street cars) and the wife wouldnt enjoy it as much as I do. So for me, boating is the answer. You cant beat being on the water in the summer. Period. I say, you gather up all your toys, and have a grarage sale! With all your toys, you dont need a silver spoon to have a nice boat!
I hear you Kevin. But if I do any one thing for a long time I get bored with it, not to mention it takes that special luster away from those activities I do as a treat for myself (other than wacking off )... if you know what I mean. I want to keep the things I really enjoy doing special and enjoyable. For this reason I personally have no interest in selling everything just to have a really nice boat. What I will likely do is just sell a couple of toys and just buy something in the size I want that will just meet my needs. It wont be a 'show boat' or the fastest by any means. If I sold several cars and the existing boat I could swing that newer TS Gun, 37 AT, or even 37 OL I'd love to have, but no matter what I just can't justify the heavy depreciation or seeing all the other toys disappear for something that I can only use a few months out of the year and only use every so often. I'd rather have the diversity and option of enjoing the cars, bike, AND the boat.

We'll see...

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
The aitkins have a place" the black duck" too but I am not sure if its open year round.
Open 365 days a year. We would love to host an event. The problem is its not centrally located being in Westport. We could throw something together quickly if needed though. Keep in mind we have docks now, so we could do something in the summer as well. i don't think anybody would mind heading down by boat

www.blackduckcafe.net
I too would love to meet up, but if we are going to do it I would suggest more of a central CT location so nobody has to drive all that far and more people can participate. Not that I think there will be any drinking taking place or anything...

Hooters on the Pike is a hike for me, but it's central and can be a good time.

Last edited by SS930; 11-03-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Registered

Gotta agree Scot I see things the same way. I have too many other things I do other than boat.

I just cant see spending stupid money to do the same thing I can do now.

theres always someone with abigger, cleaner or more powerful boat. you have to buy what your happy with and enjoy and not worry about what anyone else is doing.

Now frank and Kev had really good reasons for upgrading so I understand that.

Just like I went up to my 31 last year for the cockpit room and the newer power.
I could have bought a 38 for the same money but this just suited me better.

as for hooters on the PIKE Id be up for a run to the pike. Bring up the turbo car too but it would have to be soon cause there aint no HEAT in that baby other than the turbo as a heat exchanger!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Registered

Not sure if you guys have had similar experiences, but a bunch of guys from my favorite snowmobile forum, Hardcoresledder went to Hooters on the pike for the annual CT meet and greet and they were cut off after 3 drinks. Not a big deal because they ended up at some strip club, but just thought I would mention it. Those guys were pissed though.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

I agree with both Jeff and Scot. I started ouit in a 21' Checkmate and have been upgrading when I could. I also can't live for the boat, this why I am always am buying something 10 years old. I would need to stop all other activities to buy anything newer. Boating is one of may favorite things to do but by far the most expensive. I also snowmobile in the winter and I am into as much as boating but at fraction of the price. For the price of an outdrive I can buy a new sled and beat the hell out it for 3 years and get half my money back. The only problem is you are more weather dependant then boating. But snowmobiling is my favorite when you factor in the cost. We wil have to put together a trip this winter for those who have not been before.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Frank,

I've never been, but if you're providing the place to stay and a sled, I'm game! Other than that, too cold for my frail azz!

BTW, yeah, that new rig of yours is a real 10 y/o toilet!
Old 11-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Registered

We ride whenever we can. Upstate NY and this year I am getting VT TMA's.

I just dropped off cash to my mechainc for summer work that would have bought half a new 800 E-TEC!
Attached Thumbnails CTguys buying a new boat for next year-7sledlineup.jpg  
Old 11-03-2010, 01:01 PM
10M
Registered

Agreed, boating is technically out of my league financially, but I can't go without it so somehow I pull it together each year and go boating. Between a new house, a wedding in a year, truck, and other hobbies, it's always a challenge getting enough of a budget to keep the boat up, improving, and on the water. Updating it a little each year is as much as I can realistically hope for. Snowmobiling, on the other hand is a different story! I think I would sell my house if I had to if I couldn't go riding in the winter.
Attached Thumbnails CTguys buying a new boat for next year-powerlines.bmp   CTguys buying a new boat for next year-untitled.bmp   CTguys buying a new boat for next year-turbo.bmp  

CTguys buying a new boat for next year-sidehill.bmp  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.