reasons you havent joined the CPBA yet >

reasons you havent joined the CPBA yet

Notices

reasons you havent joined the CPBA yet

Old 11-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

C just a kidding aaround post to get some chucks and laughs after hangin with me a few times surprised you didnt get the joking side of me yet.
30 ill join happy to, looking foward to next year, Also anytime there is a meeting or gathering id love to go. My fuel is free!!!!
-Mike
Old 11-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your always welcome with us mike. Your like an honorary Ct boater already you'll really be part of the crew once you join.

Then we CAN'T get rid of you.

heres the link to the app.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...plication.html

dont worry about anything but your name, adress and email although we may need a boating cert number in the future for events.
we can worry about that later if we do.

Were gonna change the app soon anyway to be easier.

we'll be happy to have our first out of state member!

we were at 20 members on saturday thanks to justin his bro nate dog and scot.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SS930
Jeff,

I know you've heard my 2 cents (and I'll be more than happy to join when you get the PP set up), but I'll add a little more...

My first thoughts (playing devils advocate here) are as follows:
What does joining the club gain me? Why bother having "club" events if the group has to come up $2500+ for insurance to meet up? Sounds like events or even maintaining the club/membership will be quite costly.

The reason I ask these questions is there seems to be a fairly tight group of locals and regulars that meet up and do things together without the cost or need to organize any further. We all carry our own insurance (or at least we should ), so I believe that covers the liability end of things since we are organizing as individuals rather than as a club.

Like I said, I don't mind joining or supporting the club, but I'm also guessing that the few dozen or so regulars in the area wouldn't be enough to support the monetary requirements needed to do things the club might be envisioning.

If you can make the answer to these questions crystal-clear to potential members, I would think the club would likely get more support.

Again, just playing devils advocate and trying to help.

Scot I see your point and thanks for joining on saturday.

I know you have a better appreciateion after us all hanging out talking, but let me adress this further for others.

While its all fine and good to hang with a couple local boaters, the club offers much more, While it will offer discounts on items at local hot spots in the future, it also offers the ability to organize with boaters you probably would never get to know otherwise, we have boaters in stamford, Old saybrook, Southington, Meriden, Simsbury,Mysitc, Branford all over the state.

Many of them have there own little spots they frequent that you or myself may not know about and we wouldnt get invited if it werent for being brothers in the club. Now we can get together at meetings, find those great places schedule a run and go as a group. (Theres nothing better than local kowledge on how to get in or out of a place)

You SHOULD also be able to count on your borthers in the club to lend a hand when needed. If your out on the water and break down I would expect that ANY member close by who was on the water would be there quickly to lend a helping hand, a part or possibly a tow in.

Even if your just at the launch and need hand dropping your boat in etc. when you see that CPBA decal you know who to ask for help.

As for events we plan on doing some good for charities as well as having a hell of allot of fun. It just takes some time and planning we didnt have this season.

Winter should be good to us in that respect.

Last edited by 30ctsutphen; 11-14-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

maybe if we keep this thread near the top it will gain more visibility...so here is a bump.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

30 Ill get that filled tonight.
-Mike
Old 11-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

I cant do it online danm it!. Hey Ill send you 30 if you want to fill it out for me ill just give you the info F that printing out and sending crap.
-Mike
Old 11-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Registered

Man I cant beleive how LAZY people are. LOL

Doesnt anyone send mail anymore.WTF.LOL

I send mail out at least twice a week. Email me the info but until we get the PP set up your still gonna have to use snail mail for the payment.

I called Steve (Membership secretary) last night but habvent gotten a call back yet.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

SOB! not lazy convienece and up with the times. OK Ill snail mail the cashola and ill just have my g/f fill the b!thc out
Thanks
-Mike
Old 11-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Registered

Why not make her do it all mike.
Your slippin bro!
Old 11-19-2010, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

doing my part and keeping this thread near the top for more visibility...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.