CT indoor winter storage >

CT indoor winter storage

Notices

CT indoor winter storage

Old 12-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
I see some of the points you make but I am not sure you understand the cost to be in business. What are the fixed costs to go hang out your shingle? First you have to buy aplace and have a mortgage or rent to pay. Second you have insurances which raise every year. Third you need equiptment. Fourth you need employees and their benefit costs. Then you have heat electrcity, phones advertising maintance and the list goes on. Then you get some a bunch cheapos who have no idea what the f-uck they are talking about saying their prices are to much. To much them maybe but not for those that understand the value and the realtionship. This why my boat has never sat broken during a weekend. Beteween the bridges charges me $4,000 plus for summer storage, do I think it is alot? You bet I do, and if I think it is to much I can go elsewhere or trailer it. I hate to say this but we are just of different mind sets. I own my business and have for 14 years and know exactly what it costs to be in business. Jeff by the way if you where having work done on your boat over the winter while you where storing somewhere I am 100% positive the cost would change. This how I have done it for over 10 years. Make the situation work for all parties involved this is how a realationship gets started
Ya..................what he said
Old 12-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

+2
Old 12-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is chris' indoor storage heated? I didnt think it was?

as for pricing there are plenty of other marinas HIGHER than CHRIS. So its isnt a question of what he is doing VS everyone else. Its a question if WHO has reasonable indoor storage for

The Cheapo guy who wants a roof over his head. Pun Intended.LOL

Its not about one person or bashing its about finding inexpensive indoor storage for our Peeps!

As far as the getting screwed only the price change was a screw job and that could have been a mistake, either up or down no way to know.

So lets get this thread back on track and make it about WHo has reasoanble indoor!

Mines probably staying outdoors anyway. ITS FREE! cant beat that price unless a tree falls on it.

Ik say this again I like Chris and I think OP is important to performance boating in CT.
Hes more money than some but for many people it ios worth it.

He has always given me the correct pricing on any parts I have bought from him. Same as Oak leaf or anywhere else.

I just wish he was open on sunday morning when I usually work on my boat.LOL

PS the NAME of this thread was Ct indoor storage not OP screws people so why do you guys think anyone is saying that anyway?
Old 12-10-2010, 07:23 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't want to come off as confrontational, like I said I have shrunk wrap and stored outdoors for many years. Let's face it is cheaper and works fine and it is an easy place to save some money. Jeff if you go back and read through this post it was you that brought up the negative situation with Chris no one else. My honest feeling is if you are serious about this boat club then we need allies not enemies. Chris at OP, Mike at Offshore Northeast etc. are good people to have involved. To be honest I think your time as president of the boat club could be better spent making these relationships and expanding the base and having meetings. I don't want this to seem like an attack but we should stop bickering and put this focus time and energy in to making something of this club. We should have a meeting of some sort and come up with a direction otherwise in my opinion nobody will join because they will be wondering what their $25 is for (maybe Jeff's inside storage).
Old 12-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
I got a different price than that Justin. same location. still too high.

I like chris, but WTF with those prices.

I guess if he can get it why not ask it right.

I have aguy I know (A sutphen guy) Who owns a large building and his tenant just moved out may be willing to give us a god deal on winter storage.

Ill give you more info when I get it. Also have place in canton for 450 to 650 depending on the boat.

If you re read my post frank and stop pointing fingers you will see that waht I SAID was I got a different price!

No one complained about what he charges just that There were two different prices given out. No one there knew it was me calling, so when I said WTF with those prices it was because one of our emembers gota price $500 higher than IMO what It should have been.

I look out for the members so I made sure he knew it. I wasnt going to let him spend $500 extra for no reason.

Also do you SEE the words OP or anything in my post? NO

all you see is same place. Because I wanted to get my point across with though making a big thing about it!

So you see I Didnt start anything negative about it. I protected one of our members! There will be no appologies for that.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4195
I don't want to come off as confrontational, like I said I have shrunk wrap and stored outdoors for many years. Let's face it is cheaper and works fine and it is an easy place to save some money. Jeff if you go back and read through this post it was you that brought up the negative situation with Chris no one else. My honest feeling is if you are serious about this boat club then we need allies not enemies. Chris at OP, Mike at Offshore Northeast etc. are good people to have involved. To be honest I think your time as president of the boat club could be better spent making these relationships and expanding the base and having meetings. I don't want this to seem like an attack but we should stop bickering and put this focus time and energy in to making something of this club. We should have a meeting of some sort and come up with a direction otherwise in my opinion nobody will join because they will be wondering what their $25 is for (maybe Jeff's inside storage).
Thats a Phucked up thing to say, are you TRying to plant bullsit in peoples minds about thier club money.

I built this club, I filed every stitch of paperwork for the Incorporation, I set up all the bank accounts, I set up all the files and maintained them, I collected all the applications and ran to the bank with the checks every few days, I made the T shirts up your ordered and didnt buy, And I desinged and had the decals made, I also set up the meeting you didnt go to. What have you done for the club?
I posted in the forums asking members to donate 2 hrs on any weekend to pass out info at the launch. 2 lousy hours. I didnt see you signing up.

I put out $1000 to start this club.
Its in my name and I have put countless hours a week into it. So maybe you should step up an be treasurer, write the news letter anything, then you can talk !

Christian Gott and Steve Ducsay, Eddie Darcy have stepped up to really help out!

I thank both of them imensely for what they have done for the club

Last edited by 30ctsutphen; 12-10-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

Jeff, I would like to take ownership of the CPBA FB page...I can provide uopdates, etc...I need the acount email and password. Might be wise to use a CPBA only email and password. Let me know.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Registered

Moses I think thats great you want to help out, we need more guys to do things like that. Would you rather do a new letter via Email?

Thats how one of my other clubs does it and it works out really well.
I can send you a sample of what I am talking about, you can also do the FB page if youd like.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

I got a different price than that Justin. same location. still too high.

I like chris, but WTF with those prices.

I guess if he can get it why not ask it right.

I have aguy I know (A sutphen guy) Who owns a large building and his tenant just moved out may be willing to give us a god deal on winter storage.

Ill give you more info when I get it. Also have place in canton for 450 to 650 depending on the boat.
First off the last part of my post was meant to be a joke...sorry if it came across any other way. Here is the post where I thought it had a negative tone. If you have not been storing indoors and don't know the rates that are being charged then "don't plant it others minds that it is to much". As far as the boat club goes I commend you on the idea, setting it up and doing it the right to boot. However if you want me to be honest with you that is where it ends for me. I can not leagally be a treasurer without big disclosures in my business which would also require me to updat my errors and omission insurance for work. ( I had looked in to it when you where looking). Now I think the club was an excellent idea, we have a bunch of go fast boats in this area and fgreat people as well. You are a very passionate guy in this sport as am I and many others. I will volunteer my time and other resources that I have available to me. Would you lkike to do a newsletter? If so I will head it up...BOOM done. What we need is a meeting to get our members together and new prospects as well. My other point was for all of us to put our attention to the positive to get this moving. At this point you have gotten all the bs stuff and grounf work done but it has sat idle. At least I think maybe I am wrong. I am sure if we all get together everyone is willing to help somewhere some how. Are Dan and Ken members? If so maybe Dan would volunteer to be treasurer. If not why aren't they? A meeting in January would be good. If you would like I will organize it. I will get a central location and time. One night during the week could work. Maybe would could people who work in the marine industry in our local community to get involved, ie Mike at Offshore North East, Chris and his guys at Ocean, Dave who owns Old Lyme Dock company gas dock etc. This sin my opion will be benficial to all. The members will get to know the buisness owners and vice versa. So where do we go from here??????
Old 12-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

Moses I think thats great you want to help out, we need more guys to do things like that. Would you rather do a new letter via Email?

Thats how one of my other clubs does it and it works out really well.
I can send you a sample of what I am talking about, you can also do the FB page if youd like.
sounds good...i can do both.

Last edited by SpeedGirl; 01-22-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.