Notices

Newport, RI

Old 01-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Come on there is a few of use Performance guys around, KnotRite, Absolute, AirTime, JackB, Myself,
-Mike
Old 01-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Newport yachting centerbis friendly to performance boats. Head on up the bay to east Greenwich, plenty of waterfront bars and protected water. We are out in the summer running around all over the bay. You also have to run up to Mount Hope Bay for a few drinks at at the Tipsy Seagul
Old 01-23-2011, 07:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for starting to kick in the feedback everyone. Hopoefully the ideas keep comeing in. Animalhouse, the Tipsy Seagull looks like a cool place. How far is that from Newport. Also how is the navigating around the area up there. I know when we cross the bridge into Newport, I see alot of rocks down there.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

We have been doing a long weekend at the Newport Marina for years now. Usually the second weekend in August with a bunch of friends. Really nice place and right in the middle of the main drag in Newport. Always have friend drive there for a night of parting too.We're usually the only performance boats there. Your welcome to join us...the more the scarier !!!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by kreed
We have been doing a long weekend at the Newport Marina for years now. Usually the second weekend in August with a bunch of friends. Really nice place and right in the middle of the main drag in Newport. Always have friend drive there for a night of parting too.We're usually the only performance boats there. Your welcome to join us...the more the scarier !!!!!

Hey Kreed that sounds awesome. That is aaround the time we plan on doing this. You'll have to keep us posted. Sounds like fun.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SS930
As stated, Newport is blow-boat haven! Cool place to visit, but not really a place where you'll find many go-fast boats (unless there's a run going through there). Although, plenty of places along LI and CT to find some folks to hang with.

Hopefully Justin (Moses) will chime in, I think he said his dad has a place on Newport so he might have some more info for you.
ATSA MATTA Theres no ITALIANS in Newport or what.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

I think the CPBA is actually planning a trip to newport...As Scot stated I have a house in Newport so we intend to use it!!!!

The best transient dock that I have used in newport is located right next to H20 bar and grill. Its relatively cheap...Roughly $30 for 3-4 hours. if you go there late the attendant leaves around 6 or 7 pm at which you dont have to pay a fee..we have hit the bars at night using that dock and not paid a dime. then when 1 am comes around head back to the house via boat.

you could also moor and use the water taxi but then you are at the whim of the taxi service.

as mentioned newport is not a performance boating mecca...this place is reserved for yachts and sails. thats not to say that its not a cool place to check out...

if you are staying in newport i would recommend the marina on goat island or newport yacht club...as you can use there facilities (pool, showers, etc.)

there are also a ton of places to hit in the bay..bristol, warwick, naragansette, block island, newport beaches, deep river, pt judith, etc...the list is endless....
Old 01-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by moses0324
I think the CPBA is actually planning a trip to newport...As Scot stated I have a house in Newport so we intend to use it!!!!

The best transient dock that I have used in newport is located right next to H20 bar and grill. Its relatively cheap...Roughly $30 for 3-4 hours. if you go there late the attendant leaves around 6 or 7 pm at which you dont have to pay a fee..we have hit the bars at night using that dock and not paid a dime. then when 1 am comes around head back to the house via boat.

you could also moor and use the water taxi but then you are at the whim of the taxi service.

as mentioned newport is not a performance boating mecca...this place is reserved for yachts and sails. thats not to say that its not a cool place to check out...

if you are staying in newport i would recommend the marina on goat island or newport yacht club...as you can use there facilities (pool, showers, etc.)

there are also a ton of places to hit in the bay..bristol, warwick, naragansette, block island, newport beaches, deep river, pt judith, etc...the list is endless....
Thanks Moses for the info. Our plan is to get up there on a friday and launch the boat on saturday morning and find a marina we could leave the boat in the water until monday sometime. Not gonna stay on the boat cause our daughter has a apartment in Newport. Gonna mooch off of her for the weekend beings she has mooched off of us for so many years.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can also inquire at the Fort Adams State Park which is located right there at the Newport Harbor entrance. They have an onsite Boat Ramp,Docks,plenty of parking.
http://www.fortadams.org/
Should be plenty of dockage available at several Marinas also.
http://www.cityofnewport.com/departm...facilities.cfm
Heres another-
http://conanicutmarina.reachlocal.co..._id=3480918744
As mentioned several great stops.
Town of Bristol has docks and some great food/drink spots.
Wickford is a cool lil town to pull in, not a real lot.But still nice.
Heres a real nice restaraunt, easy to get to with dockage -
http://www.boathousetiverton.com/
A few Performance boats can be spotted hangin out at Potters Cove across from Bristol in Prudence Island. Finding your way around will be fairly easy.West passage,East Passage and Sakonnet River.Great Boating !
Here's Mount Hope Bay to Bristol-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jwzy...layer_embedded
Remind us aagin when you come.
Kenny Lessard

Last edited by DONZI; 01-23-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by moses0324

The best transient dock that I have used in newport is located right next to H20 bar and grill. Its relatively cheap...Roughly $30 for 3-4 hours. if you go there late the attendant leaves around 6 or 7 pm at which you dont have to pay a fee..we have hit the bars at night using that dock and not paid a dime. then when 1 am comes around head back to the house via boat....
It'd be great to see all the CPBA boys out there !

When the Town took over that dock i was one of the 1st to dock there, by chance and became friends with the Mgr. attendant Ken.The same name made it easy to remember.
Great deal when ya can get in !

Last edited by DONZI; 01-23-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.