Party coves nearc&d canal >

Party coves nearc&d canal

Notices

Party coves nearc&d canal

Old 01-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Party coves nearc&d canal

hi everyone 2011 will be my third year of boating and i am from the philadelphia burbs. My home ramp is in Bristol, PA and last season we started makin the trip down the del river to the CD canal and into the ches bay. we always ended up anchoring up near the light house. i forget what that lighthouse point is called. this season we want to make more trips down but i need directions to all the cool coves to anchor up and raft in.. i read about some but cant seem to find anything...any info would be great...i cant wait to get out on the water again!!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lloyds creek is the best around. On the south side of the Sasaffrass river, small cut to get in, shallow water, sand bottom. Usually a minimum of 100 boats there on weekends during the summer.

There is also Still Pond. Pretty much just like it sounds, a very calm, sheltered creek off the bay.

You can stay in the Bohemia, but it isnt as sheltered and isnt as nice a bottom or as big a party atmosphere as the other two places.

What boat do you have? There are a few of us on here that boat in the Northern bay. I am out there pretty much every weekend that I am home.