New York City Powerboat Poker Run 2011 >

New York City Powerboat Poker Run 2011

Notices

New York City Powerboat Poker Run 2011

Old 02-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

so you are saying a 21ft boat has a chance it would be nice for a run with small boats some day
Old 02-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Registered

Default Nyc Poker Run

You would have a wonderful time in a 21' boat.
Stay on the Jersey side of the Hudson as you head north...and then as the fleet spreads out, grab your own water. You will find a few boats to run with...not everybody goes as fast as they can.
BF
Old 02-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

Default NYC Response...GREAT!!!

-------
I am getting a great response...great boats!
Keep in mind, ALL boats can play; we have added an abbreviated course for cruisers and sport fish boats and center consoles. Everyone should finish at Liberty Landing Marina about the same time.
Your entry fee will include dockage at LLM from Thursday thru Sunday.
Please e-mail @ [email protected] if you you think you might like to play.
Billy Frenz
NATIONAL POWERBOAT ASSOCIATION
www.nationalpowerboat.com
Tel: 203-532-1312
Old 02-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Registered

I saw some whining about trailering to jersey city . There are plenty of marinas to launch at for the weekend that are not in the city or anywhere near it by roads but 15-20mins by water. We run up every year friday afternoon and hang for the evening and run the next day. If you just don't want to tow into JC I'll give you some ideas !!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:11 AM
Registered

Is this event happeneing this year?
Old 05-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Registered

spoke to Billy a few days ago and he said that there will be no NYC run again this year......I am sure he will chime in here but that is what he told me.........
Old 05-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

how can these other events like desert storm and tampa attract all these big boats but NYC has trouble doing it??
Old 05-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
how can these other events like desert storm and tampa attract all these big boats but NYC has trouble doing it??
Good to see you post here...

IMO, the logisitics of getting in and out of the area makes it a little bit of a hassle, but I suspect the cost of the run has a lot to do with it... As I understand it, this one gets costly.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 302Sport
In my opinion I think a lot has to do with the weather.....I know if I invested a lot of time and $$ to attend an event I would try to stack the odds in my favor and go to runs that were in better climates......granted it is in June but there is always a good chance of a washout in NYC in June......NPBA always had a good crowd show up but it seems that these other runs around the country draw a lot more out of towners then the NYC run. Also maby the expense of it ? Not that it is any cheaper then the other big runs but maby you get more for your money in other places ? I know it has to be very expensive to host this run anywhere close to NYC......so expensive I think to run this event you NEED sponsers and lets face it sponsers , I am sure aren't knocking down anyone's door right now..........just my thoughts......??
Old 05-25-2011, 06:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have launched at Atlantic Highlands right across from the narrows 2o min. from liberty island 150 foot wide ramp deep water 30 bucks leave your trailer there as long as you want.
Rich

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.