The KEVIN REED THREAD >

The KEVIN REED THREAD

Notices

The KEVIN REED THREAD

Old 03-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by sea2jet
Hey guys, I'm all for going on some trips this summer but can you pick a lake in CT to boat on so I can go with my boat?
PS: winds less than 10 knotts
you are likely not to find anyone here willing to hit a lake...most will cruise the river all day. it should be plenty calm for your boat. the LI sound is where it gets messy. Are you part of the CPBA yet?
Old 03-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, All signed up. Proudly wearing my tee shirt. Jeff, hurry up and find me a bigger boat so I can play in the sound. What about that Cigarette you were telling me about?

Last edited by sea2jet; 03-29-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
figured Id add to the thread

Playin with willie!
Diggin' deep!

Originally Posted by sea2jet
Hey guys, I'm all for going on some trips this summer but can you pick a lake in CT to boat on so I can go with my boat?
PS: winds less than 10 knotts
Put some 9.9hp stickers on the back, I think you might be able to throw it in Cedar Lake once you do that!

Originally Posted by moses0324
you are likely not to find anyone here willing to hit a lake...most will cruise the river all day. it should be plenty calm for your boat. the LI sound is where it gets messy.
Cruise the river??? Hamburg Cove is cool for rafting, but that's about the only reason I see for spending any time in the river. Gotta get out on the open water! Honestly, if I'm going to be rafting, I'd much rather go to the Thimbles anyway. It's just so much more beautiful there...

That 21 should be fine out on the Sound on the typical 1-2' days. Anything more than 2' and I'm sure you'll be thinking time for a larger boat! We use to have a little 18' Yamaha jet boat we kept on hand for road trips. Fast and fun little boat, but hell on the back in anything more than 1'. We took that thing over to LI many times. Only got caught with our pants down once, but that one time was one time too many. The boat never went out on the Sound again after that... Make sure you pick your days and watch the winds/weather if you take your new boat over to LI.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:56 AM
Registered

I think he was joking guys!

Scot how do you know cedar lake? thats not your local?

I grew up in that area!

MY dad had a 21 nova that we ran al over LI sound but it was a deaper v and a higher freeboard than the 21 sut which is only a 20 dgree deadrise. Its more of a lake river boat and since I had one myself I can tell you its a TON of fun on the river.

Jumping cruiser wakes in that thing is going to be blast!

For the long hauls to LI I think you better jump in my boat, or we can find you the right deal on a boat for the sound.

I will tell you about the CIG if a Have too!LOL
Old 03-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Registered

Scot how do you know cedar lake? thats not your local?
It's only about 15 minutes from Clinton and near the airport (where his boat is stored), which is why I mentioned it. I spent quite a few late nights at that lake with a chick I dated after HS (yes, we're going way back!) Lots of good times and memories there...
Old 03-30-2011, 08:31 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Diggin' deep!

Put some 9.9hp stickers on the back, I think you might be able to throw it in Cedar Lake once you do that!

Cruise the river??? Hamburg Cove is cool for rafting, but that's about the only reason I see for spending any time in the river. Gotta get out on the open water! Honestly, if I'm going to be rafting, I'd much rather go to the Thimbles anyway. It's just so much more beautiful there...

That 21 should be fine out on the Sound on the typical 1-2' days. Anything more than 2' and I'm sure you'll be thinking time for a larger boat! We use to have a little 18' Yamaha jet boat we kept on hand for road trips. Fast and fun little boat, but hell on the back in anything more than 1'. We took that thing over to LI many times. Only got caught with our pants down once, but that one time was one time too many. The boat never went out on the Sound again after that... Make sure you pick your days and watch the winds/weather if you take your new boat over to LI.
Scot
I agree on the river cruising thing. I am like a salmon I only go up river once a year. I have a couple of buddies that boat out of the Branford river and they have a mooring in the Thimbles so we can go hook up there anytime.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SS930
It's only about 15 minutes from Clinton and near the airport (where his boat is stored), which is why I mentioned it. I spent quite a few late nights at that lake with a chick I dated after HS (yes, we're going way back!) Lots of good times and memories there...
Different cedar lake apparently!

This one is in BRISTOL!

She was too fugly for the early night, HUH>LOL
Old 03-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4195
Scot
I agree on the river cruising thing. I am like a salmon I only go up river once a year. I have a couple of buddies that boat out of the Branford river and they have a mooring in the Thimbles so we can go hook up there anytime.
Christian gott is in branford too, Knows that area very well and in the thimbles you damn well better know the area. You can hole a hull real easy in that local. We used to ride Our Skis out of light house point all the time nad run over that way. Theres one large rock that sticks up(most of the time) about 3 feet out of the channel in that area!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4195
Scot
Hes like a salmon alright Funny colored and smelly!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:45 AM
Registered

Different cedar lake apparently!

This one is in BRISTOL!

She was too fugly for the early night, HUH>LOL
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=cedar+...ed=0CBUQ8gEwAA

No not at all, started before early in the evening and lasted until late in the evening. I'm not talking about one of your old HS battle-yak's here, this was grade A stuff!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.