CT Police Situation

Notices

CT Police Situation

Old 03-30-2011, 03:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT Police Situation

Anyone else finding this over zealous bull**** gestapo a bit much issuing tickets to compensate for revenue. I've been all over the state today to certain job sites, and literally counted over 30 cops.

It's absolutely absurd.

Of course there's no correlation to police and revenue....bull****, I've never seen so many people pulled over and so many traps out to catch people...I counted 9 in a 10 mile stretch from Guilford to New Haven...

We should be protesting this, the court system is absurd, the laws are a joke, and the speed limits are too low if they're bagging this many people. What the hell is going on with this state?

Anyone else fed up with this, plus the taxes, and all the other horse **** ways to extract money out of our residents because they managed to screw up the surplus.....

If I were a major corporation I'd run not walk from this state. I'm even considering moving out of here....This is pathetic...They're driving the people that spend money in the economy down the toilet...

And not to mention, how are working class citizens supposed to pay 300-400$ tickets...it's not very fair to them...then take days off from work to go to court etc, the whole system is deprecated and absurd and makes me want to smack someone in the head with a *ucking pipe..
Old 03-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got pulled over going 76 in a 65 and issued a ticket....that never would have happened a couple of years ago. I was actually moving with traffic but I was the only car with out of state plates (making an assumption here as to why the cop concentrated on me....), but in all seriousness, I was going with the flow of traffic! I pleaded not guilty and got a lawyer to get it reduced. I don't care so much about the fine as I do the implications on my driving record (points).
Old 03-30-2011, 03:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I don't want anything on my record. That's my point, this 3 year limitations bull****, plus it effects boating insurance. It's not the money, it's the pain in the ****ing ass...I agree.

I don't give a **** about it being reduced, I'll pay 500$ if it's not on my record, the point is what they're doing is a sleazy way to generate revenue...and the cops, don't even get me started...

I'm not wasting a day of work to get 100$ off my ticket, who cares...my insurance everything goes up because of some pig trying to generate revenue. Take the tickets off my record, everyone will pay...that's what they should do.

You get 2 stupid tickets, for nothing serious, your marine insurance goes up, just like that, car insurance etc. Just because we're the ******* state issuing a ridiculous amount of infractions..

Last edited by WildThing47; 03-30-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:56 PM
Registered

The CT state police are terrible in my opinion. They ALWAYS have been.....but now it's just getting worse. The attitude, the strut, is a bit much for me to take.....but whatever. It's a sh!tty job and you couldn't pay me enough to do it.

However, I lived in Florida for a couple years and had a few "run in's" with the FHP and they are a TOTAL different animal. They really were not out to be just totally a$$es...like here. And that's me being from "THE NORTH"!!!

I'll tell ya what frosts my a$$........ is when I see these State cops riding around ON THEIR OFF TIME in the state cruisers! Why should "we" be paying for their gas??????? Get a second car and drive that around.....not the damn state tax payers "work" vehicle.

I will step off my soap box now.......
Old 03-30-2011, 04:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by JayFan
The CT state police are terrible in my opinion. They ALWAYS have been.....but now it's just getting worse. The attitude, the strut, is a bit much for me to take.....but whatever. It's a sh!tty job and you couldn't pay me enough to do it.

However, I lived in Florida for a couple years and had a few "run in's" with the FHP and they are a TOTAL different animal. They really were not out to be just totally a$$es...like here. And that's me being from "THE NORTH"!!!

I'll tell ya what frosts my a$$........ is when I see these State cops riding around ON THEIR OFF TIME in the state cruisers! Why should "we" be paying for their gas??????? Get a second car and drive that around.....not the damn state tax payers "work" vehicle.

I will step off my soap box now.......
Or SCREAMING BY at 90mph, because someone blew a red light...on THEIR CELL PHONES....

"Do you know why I'm pulling you over?"
"Because you got all Cs in high school?"

They're demeanor is just "*ucking *******" it's hard to respect someone who treats you like a second rate citizen, their word against yours....and they wonder why everyone hates them...
Old 03-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

This is my new favorite thread! If I didn't have my business in this state I would be gone. The taxes alone are bs. I have clients in several states and the difference in property taxes is absurd.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

RI cops suck even worse!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have never recieved a ticket in CT and I have lived here my whole life. I think I have had 1 in Mass and 5 or 6 in NY. Those NY troppers look out for the CT plates!
Old 03-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Registered

damn guys tell it how you see it!

Your holding back way to much.LOL

I have only run into one Dick on the roads in the past 15 years and it was on my way home from OS of course. He even went to court to be a dick, I was 100% going with the flow of traffic and in fact had been trying to change lanes to let someone get by me.

That pissed me off. I beat it BTW!

Most of them that I have run into have been great though and could have technically ticketed me and didn't.

They give you a cushion when they could take the law to the letter if they wanted. Being a cop is tough job and allot of stress. I wouldnt want to do it. You never know what psycho is in the car waiting to blow your head clean off.

They are just doing what they have been told to do by the govenor so blame him not the beat cops. theyre just trying to save there jobs I would imagine and they get quotas they have to fill. Is it bull****? sure it is, but if they don't keep up with what others are doing they will get into trouble as I understand it.

Our govenor is a douche, is what the problem is, and your azzhole neighbors voted him in.
I have a very simple solution, no jobs eliminated, Cut all state pays and all state benefits by 25% hold it there until the budget is balanced and if someone gets 4 complaints against them at the state they are FIRED!

I had a freind get a job with the state. He was a landscaper by trade before. He worked there for 4 months and had to quit because he was getting emails all day from people telling him to work less and threatening him. He told me he was reading as many books and magazines to do nothing as he could stand and people were still pissed he was doing to much work so he quit. sadi he felt like he was wasting his life there!

I have another freind whos a social worker for the state and gets $125.00 per hour full benfits and retiremnt package. WTF all he does is listen to people!

Thats YOUR money being paid out!!!! ***** about it!
How many state workers have you run into in your life that really did there job and treated you like they appreciated it??

Now how many have treated you like they were doing you a Ph Ucking favor?

Its State and city workers most of the time!

I will say the people I have run into working for the town of simsbury have been great, especially in the building and and engineering depts. You would think they were self employed the way they treat you. So nice and they try not to waste your time.

The rest of the state should be like that.

How many of you emailed the state reps on the boating laws?
Old 03-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was driving east on Long Island Expressway when I past an accident west bound with three cop cars that responded, I thought I was in the clear. Well I was wrong I past two cops
in the median a mile down the road then another hiding and
another. They must make a fortune.
One more thing the LIE is only 55

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.