Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
anyone in CT been out yet? >

anyone in CT been out yet?

Notices

anyone in CT been out yet?

Old 04-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Justin, I contacted one guy a couple times via email over a couple of weeks, nothing. I finally called as I was pretty interested in the boat. Great on the phone, sent info I was looking for. Requested easily obtainable additional info from the boat, broker said he'd get back to me. Week later, I send a follow up email, nothing. The boat is still sitting with a "motivated" seller.

Sadly, this is common! And sellers wonder why their boats sit on the market forever!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Waiting a week to follow up on something you want to buy is TOO LONG! Especially an email follow up.Thats the problem, If you want it, CALL everyday. Screw emails, too easy to avoid them. Get in contact with a manager or owner of the marina/dealer and let them know their salesmen isnt returning your calls/emails. Let them know you have money and lookin to buy! Things will happen then........
Old 04-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Waiting a week to follow up on something you want to buy is TOO LONG! Especially an email follow up.Thats the problem, If you want it, CALL everyday. Screw emails, too easy to avoid them. Get in contact with a manager or owner of the marina/dealer and let them know their salesmen isnt returning your calls/emails. Let them know you have money and lookin to buy! Things will happen then........
Let us know the boat we will be happy to help out
Old 04-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
moses Get that thing fired UP!

fountain that must have been a cool run with the shore covered in snow?
It was a great run, we had to check a few launches because most boat ramps had all the snow in the parking lots plowed down into the launch. Launched out of Ferry Park in Rocky Hill, then headed South to Haddam Island. We dressed in layers, ducked under the windshield an had a great day.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:05 AM
Registered

First, I'm obviously in no huge rush with this buying another boat project (), and at the same time I certainly dont want to come off as a drooling desperate buyer... which I'm not. Furthermore, why should I have to hound them daily to get them to do their job? Or god forbid the customer becomes a nuisance to them which might hinder the deal also...

Secondly, I prefer email whenever possible. I've bought a lot of things over the years and unfortunately I've learned it's nice to stuff documented in writing, hard to do this over the phone.

Lastly, in this case the lack-luster broker is also the big cheese of the operation.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:14 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SS930
First, I'm obviously in no huge rush with this buying another boat project (), and at the same time I certainly dont want to come off as a drooling desperate buyer... which I'm not. Furthermore, why should I have to hound them daily to get them to do their job? Or god forbid the customer becomes a nuisance to them which might hinder the deal also...

Secondly, I prefer email whenever possible. I've bought a lot of things over the years and unfortunately I've learned it's nice to stuff documented in writing, hard to do this over the phone.

Lastly, in this case the lack-luster broker is also the big cheese of the operation.
All good points but I will say more times then not when people email in a sales situation they tend to be tire kickers, I agree I wont hound or seem desperate either but I would want to know if I am wasting time on this item right away. I think you have not fully convinced yourself that you want another boat. I feel this way every winter and think I can get out and save $20k per year but clearly I am junkie. I wish you better luck with it. But as a full discloser hanging out in here and talkin with Kevin every day you will own a new boat this summer so lets get it done. Do you need me to post more boats?
Old 04-06-2011, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930

Well, you are a "by the book" type of guy for sure! Your email documentation method is responsible, organized, and could save you in future battles with the dealer. Unfortunately, I think you will miss out on alot of deals this way in that emails usually dont get first dibs on a fire/cheap sale. I wish I was so meticulous in making a large purchase, but if I really want something, I MAKE it happen. Fortunately for me, my "bull in a china closet" method has worked out great!...hence my "sight unseen" purchase! What works for one, doesnt always work for another!

Last edited by kreed; 04-06-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4195
All good points but I will say more times then not when people email in a sales situation they tend to be tire kickers, I agree I wont hound or seem desperate either but I would want to know if I am wasting time on this item right away. I think you have not fully convinced yourself that you want another boat. I feel this way every winter and think I can get out and save $20k per year but clearly I am junkie. I wish you better luck with it. But as a full discloser hanging out in here and talkin with Kevin every day you will own a new boat this summer so lets get it done. Do you need me to post more boats?
Sorry guys to be get OT here...

I can understand the tire kicker agreement, it might be valid. OTOH, after several emails, and subsequent calls (which serious interest was expressed), you'd think these guys would get their rears in gear knowing they have a live on on the line. Seriously, how much better does it get for them when someone comes to them just wants a couple of questions answered and tells them they intend to make a serious offer on their boat? These guys often get paid (% wise) far more than they often deserve... Anyway, I know the owner if this boat wanted/wants the boat sold yesterday, the broker just has more important stuff to be doing and doesn't seem to want to be bothered with it. I have no idea why this guy's even involved with moving the boat!

And yes you're right Frank. I still have major reservations about spending this kind of coin on something that will only get used every so often during the summer. Especially when I look at the opportunity cost of this money and look at all the money I've historically 'wasted' on toys. But you're also right that I will end up buying another boat, and most likely very soon. If not, it will be at the end of the season. Either way, I'm not going to lose sleep over it...

While the links to the boats are fun and quite entertaining for all, I have to say I have a pretty good feel for what's on the advertised market. But please feel free to continue on!
BTW, I expected this morning you would have already posted about the 2001 TG price reduction... you're slipping Frank!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Good eye Scot! You are right I did not see that reduction in price. This could be your new for many good reasons. #1. it has a #1. #2. it will drive Jeff crazy and even though that's not a long drive it is fun none the less. #3. the motors are fresh. #4. The boat comes with a rave review from the well respected "old school" here on the board. #5. the owner has a new boat on the way and I am sure he will answer all questions quickly. #6. that boat will run high 80's maybe low 90's. #7. go back and reread # 1 & 2 again!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, you are a "by the book" type of guy for sure! Your email documentation method is responsible, organized, and could save you in future battles with the dealer. Unfortunately, I think you will miss out on alot of deals this way in that emails usually dont get first dibs on a fire/cheap sale. I wish I was so meticulous in making a large purchase, but if I really want something, I MAKE it happen. Fortunately for me, my "bull in a china closet" method has worked out great!...hence my "sight unseen" purchase! What works for one, doesnt always work for another!
I think what you mean is scot is wound so tight, anal, and cheap you couldnt get a PIN up his Azz with a jack hammer!

and Thats me sticking up for scot! LOL

Last edited by 30ctsutphen; 04-06-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.