Memorial Day Weekend is here! >

Memorial Day Weekend is here!

Notices

Memorial Day Weekend is here!

Old 05-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Memorial Day Weekend is here!

We only heve two weeks til the summer officially begins....what are we doing for the holiday weekend??? Ill start by making a reccomendation. I say we go to Claudios one day, and then have a raft up another day, like maybe hamburg cove or something. Sunday, Claudios....Monday, raft up and recover from Sunday! Lets hear any thoughts or suggestions....
Old 05-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i suggest that i keep my snowmobile gear out so i can stay warm. WTF is with the weather.

id say id be heading to the beach, but im more thinking some fun fun local. like maybe meet up at misery island on saturday and shoot up to mad fish grill, then over to boston and hit up one of the bars and raft up. (id prob spend the night if they let me)
or maybe shoot over to newburyport on sunday and raft up
id rather do the beach but if this weather dont change the beach is going to be cold
Old 05-17-2011, 08:06 AM
Registered

here are a few photos of one run up to mad fish we did.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 787 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
We only heve two weeks til the summer officially begins....what are we doing for the holiday weekend??? Ill start by making a reccomendation. I say we go to Claudios one day, and then have a raft up another day, like maybe hamburg cove or something. Sunday, Claudios....Monday, raft up and recover from Sunday! Lets hear any thoughts or suggestions....
not sure what we are doing yet. i know we will probably be at pavilion for memorial day. not sure about the rest.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if there is any interest from the guy more East of me, but there is a free concert on the water in Stamford Harbor on the 28th during the day. It is right outside the docks for The Crabshell.

More Info Here:
http://stamfordharborlive.com/
Old 05-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kev,
I'm waiting on paperwork for my regs, but I hope to be in the water (and legal) by then.

I dont know what Christine's work schedule looks like, but if she's not working and the weather looks good, I plan on taking the boat out at least two of the three days. As we taked about in the other thread, I too was thinking Hamburg Cove (or the Thimbles) for one day and Claudio's for the other... I dont really care in which order.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I'm with you on that Scott, although Hamburg cove is somewhat boring. Thimbles are much more fun. Not to mention if we have a few loud performance boats, the whiners are going to scream bloody murder. I get enough looks when I run on the river as it is...
Old 05-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

If you get as far as the Thimbles, all 3 restaurants and all marinas on the Branford River will be open (Lobster Shack tie up is free, and BYO)...I'll meet up for a raft and some BS, it beats going to Stratford to be over charged and underfed....
Old 05-18-2011, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by madhatter42
Hamburg cove is somewhat boring. Thimbles are much more fun.
I'm not sure either spot is much more fun than the other, I guess it's all what you make of it and what company you're in. I look at it as a choice of fresh water (or close to it) or saltwater. The only reason I always prefer to go to the Thimbles is that it's one of the most beautiful spots on the entire Sound (IMO). The price for mooring and drinks is right too.

Not to mention if we have a few loud performance boats, the whiners are going to scream bloody murder. I get enough looks when I run on the river as it is...
F'em, all the more reason to go then! Who's going to say poop if we roll in with a bunch of us together??? As long as the cops aren't bothing me, I dont give a rats azz what the polo club thinks! It's not like the cops are going to come looking for us for disturbing the peace...
Old 05-18-2011, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Scot, you may have woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, you seem alittle pissed! Maybe Mike can let you borrow the dealer plate if it comes down to it?......The raft up day, I dont care either way. Hambug cove will prolly be packed tight anyway. I do like the semi fresh water though...whatever. Lookin for too seein everyones boats and hangin on the water like we been talkin about ALL winter!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.