Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
DEP out in force...... >

DEP out in force......

Notices

DEP out in force......

Old 06-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no worrys my cousin is a state detective got a get out of jail card he told me to keep on the boat

Last edited by innerrage; 06-17-2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: cant spell
Old 06-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Registered

Now I wonder how this works, let's say your rafter up at an island your now running just hangin and your sauced!

Are you Breaking the law?

In a car you'd be screwed!

In a boat you could be staying put for days and have plenty of time to sober up

Last edited by 30ctsutphen; 06-17-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
Now I wonder how this works, let's say your rafter up at an island your now running just hangin and your sauced!

That's a good question. I've wondered the same.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen

I "believe" as long as the boat isn't RUNNING you're fine. I think you can be as trashed as you want anchored....as long as you're not being a total weinie!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a side note to this situation, if you have a CDL the BAC is .04 not .08 on the road, must be the same on water !!! "HIGH LIFE"
Old 06-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Registered

talked to dep today at a hazmat sight i was on, and he said as long as the key is not in th ignition , you should be fine if it is in th e ignition, then they can get you for intent to operate,and yes on the cdl thats why i dont drink anymore.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by innerrage
talked to dep today at a hazmat sight i was on, and he said as long as the key is not in th ignition , you should be fine if it is in th e ignition, then they can get you for intent to operate,and yes on the cdl thats why i dont drink anymore.
I have my cdl too! The .04 is b.s.

It should be the other way around. cld more skilled drivers = better drunk drivers!!!LOL but I never understood the. 04
Old 06-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HIGH LIFE
As a side note to this situation, if you have a CDL the BAC is .04 not .08 on the road, must be the same on water !!! "HIGH LIFE"
Yup a buddy of mine got bagged this way last year! didnt take the blow test and lost his license, He would have been over the CDL limit anyway, WTF if I drove my 69 firebird for 5 minutes and breathed in the Ethanol laced gas Id be above that limit!

LOL

Sucks cause hes a good guy whos pretty damn responsible with drinking and driving IMO. .04 isnt Much at all!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:40 PM
Registered

I always leave my Keys in the ignition when I am anchored and rafted just in case it breaks loose or something happens where I need to move the boat slightly in a hurry. Doesnt mean I Intend to go anywhere Its just a safety thing in the event of a emergency.

I think in a car even if the keys arent in the ignition but your in it your screwed arent you?

I really cant remember the law, Stuff like that makes it tough though because someone whos just trying to sleep it off and needs to get in the car to do it and be safe, can't.

So I bet alot of people say screw it and drive before they likely would.

Boating isnt like driving either theres not really any way to call a taxi to get home. It would cost you $1500.00 to get home from LI via a car taxi service.LOL
Old 06-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe in a car you have to be in the drivers seat with the key in the ignition to get screwed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.