Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
DEP out in force...... >

DEP out in force......

Notices

DEP out in force......

Old 06-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kev whats a good night or after 3pm to meet u to drop of the shirts and other stuff
Old 06-21-2011, 06:08 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by innerrage
kev whats a good night or after 3pm to meet u to drop of the shirts and other stuff
I would say Thursday, I get out at 2:30 and then will be at John's house around 3. Remember the house where my boat is. Call me if you have a problem finding it. Thanks!.........
Old 06-21-2011, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

this DEP thing is so big it made USA today news.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...rackdown_n.htm
Old 06-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Registered

I cant say that the comment about not even having brakes isnt Spot on !LOL

There also are ALOT of azz bags out there over doing the alcohol in a BIG way. Ive seen guys who got out of there boats and drove down the road and couldnt stay in thier lane. Of course they were russian and had a $35.00 boat behind them.LOL
Old 06-21-2011, 09:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
this weekend may be different but i remember way back when (1 month ago) people were saying that dep was gonna hit the river hard this summer to make revenue. the fact is i have never seen the river so empty of police and dep.
FYI. It's an annual thing.....and Nationwide

http://www.operationdrywater.org/

Just here to help!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't want to see anyone get hurt or killed in a sport/passtime that I love. There are plenty out there that are very irresponsible with others lives at risk. My feeling is that most boating accidents are caused by lack of common sense and inexperience, that combined with alchol is absolutely a deadly combination. I have read more articles that people have run in to something at night while under speed. Is this because they where drinking??? I am sure it did not help the situation or their judgement about traveling that fast at night but the reality is they either do not have the proper electronics to help aid them and or they do not have experience about boatin in the dark. Or maybe they are not familiar with the area. My point is many of these accidents could be avoided. Also these are not situations that only occur in performance boats it's all boats. 2 years ago I was on my boat on my way back from Block the sun had set about a half ago and I was running around 40mph or so I was coming up on OLd Lyme area and there was a sail boat with no nav lights on, the only light was on the top of his mast and was a small white light, from a distance it looked as if something was far away. The fact was it was some fool out at night with out the proper equiptment. I missed him by 30-40 yards it had scared the hell out of me. If I had run him over it would have been all over the news that a "Cigarette boat" caused this accident. We are just looked at in that way and it for a reason there has been those that gave the performance boats a bad name. The thing I don't like is the ball breaking just because you own a performance boat. I will say I have never been treated badly by the cops on the water! I hope that continues. I don't go fast around other boats I try to be respectfull and I dont drink to excess out there, and if I do I stay on the boat and make a night or weekend of it. Be care full out there. In my opinion this is where the club could be good, we need to do something positive as a club and get some media exposure to show that the performance boaters can add something positive to the boating comminity. My .02
Old 06-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
I don't want to see anyone get hurt or killed in a sport/passtime that I love. There are plenty out there that are very irresponsible with others lives at risk. My feeling is that most boating accidents are caused by lack of common sense and inexperience, that combined with alchol is absolutely a deadly combination. I have read more articles that people have run in to something at night while under speed. Is this because they where drinking??? I am sure it did not help the situation or their judgement about traveling that fast at night but the reality is they either do not have the proper electronics to help aid them and or they do not have experience about boatin in the dark. Or maybe they are not familiar with the area. My point is many of these accidents could be avoided. Also these are not situations that only occur in performance boats it's all boats. 2 years ago I was on my boat on my way back from Block the sun had set about a half ago and I was running around 40mph or so I was coming up on OLd Lyme area and there was a sail boat with no nav lights on, the only light was on the top of his mast and was a small white light, from a distance it looked as if something was far away. The fact was it was some fool out at night with out the proper equiptment. I missed him by 30-40 yards it had scared the hell out of me. If I had run him over it would have been all over the news that a "Cigarette boat" caused this accident. We are just looked at in that way and it for a reason there has been those that gave the performance boats a bad name. The thing I don't like is the ball breaking just because you own a performance boat. I will say I have never been treated badly by the cops on the water! I hope that continues. I don't go fast around other boats I try to be respectfull and I dont drink to excess out there, and if I do I stay on the boat and make a night or weekend of it. Be care full out there. In my opinion this is where the club could be good, we need to do something positive as a club and get some media exposure to show that the performance boaters can add something positive to the boating comminity. My .02
If you want to do something positive for the boating community Frank, start by taking that friggin rediculous avitar down! Just my .02......
Old 06-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
If you want to do something positive for the boating community Frank, start by taking that friggin rediculous avitar down! Just my .02......
You're joking, right? That's the best avatar I've seen all year!!! Look at all the smiles he's putting on everyone's face!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Very well put Frank.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Registered

kev sounds good see ya thursday at johns boys house after 4 sometime

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.