Notices

Rip High Life!

Old 07-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a sad day!

Having PMd back and forth but never met in person, one of the reasons I was considering the mass PR over the CT run was to finally meet him in person and put a face with the name.

He will be in my thoughts and prayers as will the passenger and his family

Performance is about pushing it closer to the limits. This could have happened to any one of us on any given day.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Registered

it was not driver error from what i can tell. maybe a bit fast but mike being a pro i wouldnt think he would over drive the boat. i guaranty he hit the wave and was just waiting to land and go for the next but the boat didnt make it.

Last edited by noyzee; 07-18-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:56 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Artie I remeber the night like it was last night we had to be there for atleast 3.5 hours and we looked up'd the O/B Saber talking about mikes 300 XS's and how they would scream on that and if the Carerra I had used a pair. I figured he was with you Noyzee
-Mike
Old 07-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Very sad! My thoughts go out to those that are friends and family. This is unfortunately like the third or forth type of accident this year. Becareful out there and keep this in the back of your head.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Registered

He loved those 300x 's!
Old 07-17-2011, 07:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts

Tragic loss.Met Mike at Borden Light a few years ago. RIP
Old 07-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Registered

Ive been thinking about this all day and can't help but wonder??? I'm sure everyone here has pushed their boat to or past the limit. And I'd also imagine that mike had run his boat a lot harder before than he was this past weekend. It was just a freak accident. So sad.

Also the comments on this in the herald are horrible, the people are commenting like he and all " cigarette boaters " deserve this.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was looking forward to meeting Mike next weekend at Earls Marine poker run. The love he had for Offshore boating was obvious. The name of his boat says it all " HIGH LIFE " God Speed MIKE.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Registered

Default High Life Accident

Hello to all on this forum, I am the son of the passenger in Mike Spirito's boat at the time of the accident.

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words, Mike was a friend of our family for the past 15-20 years and I know my dad enjoyed spending time with him either on his boat or just shooting pool at my dad's place.

My dad will be in the hospital for the next few weeks with several injuries, broken jaw, lost teeth, broken facial bones, and will require several surgeries.

I will pass on all your prayers and well wishes to him.

For Mike's family reading this our prayers and sympathy go out to you for your loss we will all miss Mike dearly, he was a great guy and lots of fun to be around.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

"Coming on line now to hear this is just shocking!........spoke to him in the early spring. He was advocating (as always) the benefits of OB's on a magnum. Just unbelievable and sad! .........Something very catastrophic happened to mike's hull on re-entry and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the hull & deck bond letting go. I've found (on inspection) the weakest point on my 27 sport was obviously the hull & deck bond. Glassed only at the nose and midship the rest of the bolted deck moved to freely for my comfort.............what a tragedy and loss!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.