Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
got started about sled talk, so figure start a post! >

got started about sled talk, so figure start a post!

Notices

got started about sled talk, so figure start a post!

Old 08-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
That's a sweet sled. Is it an XRS with a custom graphic package?
It is an 800Etec X it was a wrap. The sled went back to Skidoo I had problems with it last year that they could not rectify so they ordered me 2012 to replace it. I absolutely loved the sled until the problems started. To say I am looking forward to this season is an understatement. We do a few poker runs and fun runs throughout the seaon so I will keep you guys in the loop!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im on the fence on the xp still. i love my rev, ive ridden the xp a few times and like it but i love my rev. prob because im so used to it. i have my rev running faster then 99% of the xp's on the lake, and i have it pretty light for trails. i keep going back and forth. i was going to do it last year but instead did my rev all over. new motor, shocks, track, bearings, etc etc etc so its pretty much new. i spent all the money i was going to spend on a new one and made my rev new. lol

Old 08-16-2011, 10:19 AM
Registered

i have a ton of pics of my sleds and stuff on my face book, but for some reason cant get them to my photo bucket.
no time now i will try later
Old 08-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Registered

We need an official offseason CPBA party at "CHEZ PIDGEON"
Old 08-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the REV vs. XP thing...

I have a lot of miles on both. The REV is definitely built stronger, hence the heavier weight. If you hit a decent hole and bottom anything out, you will feel the shock travel up through your body on the XP. That never happens on the REV.

That's about it as far as advantages for the REV over the XP in my eyes. The light weight, handling, and most importantly the extra leg room are the reason my REV will be up for sale I the fall and replaced with something else(maybe a slightly used 800 X).
Old 08-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JBOUTLAW
We need an official offseason CPBA party at "CHEZ PIDGEON"
I hit that place for the first time this past year. The chicken parm for $14 was the biggest chicken parm meal I have ever seen! It was damn tasty too!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4195
It is an 800Etec X it was a wrap. The sled went back to Skidoo I had problems with it last year that they could not rectify so they ordered me 2012 to replace it. I absolutely loved the sled until the problems started. To say I am looking forward to this season is an understatement. We do a few poker runs and fun runs throughout the seaon so I will keep you guys in the loop!
That's pretty good customer service! I've heard a couple other not so good stories about Ski Doo and their warranty.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Registered

On the REV vs. XP thing...

I have a lot of miles on both. The REV is definitely built stronger, hence the heavier weight. If you hit a decent hole and bottom anything out, you will feel the shock travel up through your body on the XP. That never happens on the REV.

That's about it as far as advantages for the REV over the XP in my eyes. The light weight, handling, and most importantly the extra leg room are the reason my REV will be up for sale I the fall and replaced with something else(maybe a slightly used 800 X).
it might be because im so used to the rev i had a hard time getting good on the xp. im sure over time.
i think im going to sell my 1000 and make my rev a race sled and get a new 800 etecg gade
Old 08-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Registered

Hey - maybe we hit the Cow Palace too. That place was good and there were even some hot chicks there. Before that, all I saw were woodchucks.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Registered

Hey - maybe we hit the Cow Palace too. That place was good and there were even some hot chicks there. Before that, all I saw were woodchucks.
Another one of our favs!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.