2011 CT River Run >

2011 CT River Run

Notices

2011 CT River Run

Old 09-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts
Default 2011 CT River Run

I was just on Scream and Fly web site and noticed that Rich Owen has announced the date for the 2011 CT River Run. Its going to be on October 16, which is the day after the CPBA swap meet. This was also the date set for the 2nd annual Lumber Run.
I personally think we should just join the two runs together like they were initially. If the regular river run for some reason gets cancelled, THEN we put the Lumber Run into effect if need be. Seems there is too many small runs going on this year and sh!t is getting all messed up, so if all goes well, one BIG CT River run on October 16. This is our last hurrah for the season, lets make it a big one before we all go into hibernation.
On our way back down river in the afternoon, I say we all gather at The Canoe Club for a end of the season cocktail and maybe Pat could put in some special restaurant requests so they have a more sucessful season next year! Hahahaha.....
Old 09-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kevin, I believe they were always one in the same. The "river run" was nicknamed (here) the "lumber run" last year due to all the crap in the river, but as I recall it was always the river run to begin with.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Registered

BTW, brilliant thought though!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Kevin, I believe they were always one in the same. The "river run" was nicknamed (here) the "lumber run" last year due to all the crap in the river, but as I recall it was always the river run to begin with.
Your correct Scot!! I'll be out there to watch all the scream and flyers run.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

I may have somethign to run if all works out. But ill be one of the small azzholes buzzin around
-Mike
Old 09-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Registered

Sorry Scot and Dan, but they CT River Run was postponed last year because of the water height, there was reportedly not going to be a beach for everyone to have pizza on.....

So, "We" decide to run on the planned day anyways and just meet at Harbor Park instead. The run was such a sucess, that we decided to name it The Lumber Run (because of all the logs) and it was going to be a seperate run for the "bigger" boats in years to come. The following weekend, the CT River Run was run on its scheduled "rain date".

So the Lumber Run and the CT River Run were, and looking forward, were going to be two seperate runs. Thats why it was going to be called the "Second Annual Lumber Run".

Any other questions, complaints, or negative comments from either of you OL snobs, you will be kicked out of the Lumber Run and you can deal with the CPBA president, Mr Magoo. Believe me, you dont want that.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Registered

You could be correct Kevin, I do seem to recall the postponement.

Regardless, I would think (and hope) they are not separate events going forward.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Registered

You could be correct Kevin, I do seem to recall the postponement.

Regardless, I would think (and hope) they are not separate events going forward.
Agreed..........
Old 09-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Registered

Kev, I assume you're taking Moby, correct? I dont know if I'll be running then as I might be doing the lifters in both engines during that time frame. If I'm down, will you have room?
Old 09-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Registered

Kev, I assume you're taking Moby, correct? I dont know if I'll be running then as I might be doing the lifters in both engines during that time frame. If I'm down, will you have room?
On Studio 54???? Of course! This will be the last dance party of the season. You get a VIP pass, even a complimentary drink if you bring a hot chick!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.