Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
boat painting near philadelphia pa >

boat painting near philadelphia pa

Notices

boat painting near philadelphia pa

Old 02-02-2012, 05:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how are you bill? I still have your number. once it gets a little warmer gonna do a couple of more things to the boat to try to get it hooked up. talked to bblades and he gave me some pointers so gonna try that and see. bought another set of props and still no better so i am going to rent his new props off of him when i do these couple of adjustments. gonna focus on it a little more this year hopefully so if I get it running half decent I want to get the top of the boat repainted, start redoing my interior, and anything else it may need. I will give you a call once it warms up to see if you wanna take a ride on the river.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:19 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a painter in S. Jersey a boating friend of mine just used. I was considering getting mine painted but it looks like maybe next season? I'll get his number for you, his name is Jeff. From the pics I've seen he does real nice work. I should be up and running early this year. Only issue I had was that misfire. Sent the carbs back to AED, they did a few things and sent them back, NC. I'm gonna drain the tanks and start fresh, I didn't like the looks of the fuel that was in them. I didn't see any water but the yellow color was curious. My truck needs some work bad so I figured it would be smarter to fix the truck rather than paint the boat then not have a truck to tow it with, LOL. Talk to you soon, Bill.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Registered

Bill, if you get that number I would appreciate it. I hear you with setting priorities, that is the only thing that is putting me on a budget with the boat. Have another addition coming to the family in august so we are trying to by a good sized home for the family. Plus the wife is a stay at home mom now so kind of missing her income. Hopefully you carbs work good for you and new fuel takes care of the popping. Hopefully we can get down to the chesapeake some. Have one trip set up now in the end of June for a checkmate get together. Maybe go down for rock the bay again.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:41 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

I met with the guy yesterday to go over what I want done to my boat. I liked what I heard about his history and work and I've seen what he done to Ryans boat. Waiting to see what kind of number he comes up with. His name is Jeff and his number is 856-229-5254 hes right over the Tacony bridge not far from me at all. I told him that you might cal so let him know I gave you his number. Let me know how it works out.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:47 AM
Registered

thanks bill. i will give him a call this week.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Registered

bill, how did you make out with the guy across the bridge. i am going to call on monday. i was wait for one reply and called two others, so far its not looking good. 2 guys wont touch the boat because of the paint thats on it. and the other is little more than i was hoping for. just wondering if he got back to you.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:58 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

As a matter of fact he called me back this afternoon. We discussed all the work that I wanted done, including graphics over the whole boat and straightening out the sides of the hull. He came in about where I was thinking and maybe under but I've got to wait since my truck needs some major work before next season. I don't think he'll be afraid of the paint thats on it. He didn't flinch at mine or my buddys and both are painted. He's expecting your call when I asked him if he heard from you yet. Let me know how you make out with him.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Registered

Bill, talked to Jeff today. I am probably going to have him do it this fall. I have to be careful while buying a house. he gave me an idea and I liked what I heard from him as to price and experinece. thanks for his number. seems like a nice guy.