Old 03-20-2012, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmmm... Interesting.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oceanperf
That bought was purchased new by a car dealer in Winsted CT from Offshore Speed and Ski. The owner had a 302 Formula with Kaama drives and ordered the Sutphen new. After he ordered it the Formula spit a drive and nearly sank in the marina. He called Sutphen and tried to change it to TRS or Bravos (?) but the stringer system had been already laid up. His wife wanted nothing to do with the boat when it was delivered. He traded it into us on Black Monday 1988 at the FT Laud BS on a new Kevlar Gun with 540 Hawks and SSM IIIs. We sold the boat to a contractor in Clinton CT and he named it Catchin' Air. He had the motors redone and sold it to an Auto Parts guy in MA that I know. The guy in Clinton bought an aluminum Cougar cat and bought a bunch of parts from us and in the end shafted us for $$. Yeah I know a little bt that. LOL. Chris
thanks for the info.you right about the auto parts guy thats who i bought the motors from .i was just concerned about the guy that did the notors if it was a reputable shop . he told me he sold auto parts to his shop it was called ed's something .
Old 03-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

reids automotive built those motors if they were in brads boat , is that fountain ever going to be done?!!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

that means they cost a fortune lol just freshened 4 502's for us and did sick stingers 540s in his cafe, very thorough at least on the invoice !!!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes they did come out of brads boat .i bought them for that little 29 so i can beat you shaun .picking up the 47 1st week of april it's about time .brad said that motors were built by some shop called eds .bought motors for spares .had you going for a while lol
Old 03-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Somebody post up apic of the Sutphen Catchin Air, it was one of my favorite boats.....Yes Jeff I like Sutphens

As long as they have no windshields
Old 03-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jim reid built my 502 upgrade, and total upgrade to a 509. price was good, compared to others.still have my 509 647hp motor, as my back up motor for the 572 blower motor.