Philly/Delaware River >

Philly/Delaware River

Notices

Philly/Delaware River

Old 05-20-2012, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bcoffield
Thanks BC. Got a facebook page set up devoted to boat related activities on the Delaware River. Should be a good way to get some raft ups going among other things for us in the Philly area.

https://www.facebook.com/Delawareriv...rs?ref=tn_tnmn
Old 05-22-2012, 10:14 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far the forecast for this weekend looks iffy at best. WTF is it with the weather on choice weekends? Seems like it targets the good ones and throws in a decent one when your not ready for it. Gonna be one of those seasons I guess.?

Well I'm neither affraid of a little rain nor am I detered from going, I hope to see some more peeps out on the bay.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:01 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Just got back from the bay. Sat was super nice, tons of boats out. Hit Jellies, place was mobbed so we left and went over to the inner harbor. Was never there but what a stop. tons to do, clubs, bars, eaterys etc. Very boater friendly. Only thing bad I would say is its a very long slow wake zone in and out, and oh yea there was a god awful smell everywhere. Lots going on though. Sunday was even better weather, spent the day at Jellies, lots of nice hardware all day long.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
Just got back from the bay. Sat was super nice, tons of boats out. Hit Jellies, place was mobbed so we left and went over to the inner harbor. Was never there but what a stop. tons to do, clubs, bars, eaterys etc. Very boater friendly. Only thing bad I would say is its a very long slow wake zone in and out, and oh yea there was a god awful smell everywhere. Lots going on though. Sunday was even better weather, spent the day at Jellies, lots of nice hardware all day long.
Bill, got any pictures or anything? Post em up on our FB page too.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Registered

I'm guessing boat did good with no problems
Old 05-30-2012, 10:12 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Did good the first day till later in the afternoon, started that spark scatter but not the popping. Second day was a little worse but only around 3000-3200rpms. WOT it either isnt there or I cant hear it but I think if it was there it would be really bad at 5500. I'm gona change the cap and rotor and see if that takes it away. Funny, first run out at bandit it was fine but we didn't really cruise in that 3000 range soooo? If cap doesn't help I'll do wires next. All was new last season but who knows. It's not fuel for sure. it's deffinitely spark related. Danny at shop told me to go over terminal connections on the ign boxes for corrosion. We'll see. Might get out this weekend but who knows. You been out?
Old 06-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Registered

put di-electric grease around the base of the distributor where the cap sits if you find some moisture under the cap and on the connections and see if that doesn't help. had to do it on my last i/o.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:37 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Hey Bruce. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet but I have a new cap and rotor to install. Last season I know there was some issue with moisture and I do have quite a bit of condensation that builds up on my intakes from cool sea water running thru the engine. It was no way as bad as last year with that backfireing thru the carb. You gonna be getting out anytime soon?
Old 06-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Registered

Just resealed the lower units and gotta throw a battery in plus a good cleaning. Hopefully going out for a shakedown run early Sunday morning before I head down to the chesapeake on the 22nd. I will let you know on Saturday incase you head out on the river
Old 06-04-2012, 09:56 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Yea, let me know. I'm thinking of getting out this Sunday for awhile and try a new cap and rotor to see if it solves my spark issue. Whats doing on the 22nd? June I assume? I might be able to get down on Sunday morning the 22nd. and maybe Monday if the wifes not working mon?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.