Philly/Delaware River

Notices

Philly/Delaware River

Old 03-25-2012, 11:01 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Philly/Delaware River

OK, had a real itch last week, Not a Rash! Unwrapping the boat next week and getting started a little earlier this year.

I should be on the water the first week of May to shake out any bugs but should be fine, damn I shouldn't have said that.

Anyway, planing a trip down to Chesepeke Bay for the Memorial day weekend May 26, 27 & 28th. Mookey Monkey should be there so if anyone else is planning on being down ther let us know and look for us. More the merrier. Jellies opens up the 19th, not sure on Redeyes.

Anybody have a farmers alminac or a crystal ball for the weather, LOL.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

easy brother... easy..
Old 04-24-2012, 09:12 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

OK, had the boat out today up in Brick. Windy and choppy as hell but flushing out the fuel tanks and sending the carbs out to AED seems to have fixed the issues from end of last season, YAY!

Now the boat is a pig pen, the water was really dirty so the mist put a dirt film everywhere, BUT I'M HAPPY! I'll spend the next few weeks giving it a well deserved clean and shine.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Registered

Glad to hear you got everything straightened out with the boat. Hopefully now you will be able to keep up with me. Lol
Old 04-26-2012, 01:28 AM
Registered

I would say tape a block of wood to the front of your throttles for the season, might keep you from destroying drives....

I wont be out that weekend, will be out of the country, but good luck this year. I have already been out two days, sure is nice to get out and burn some fuel.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:50 AM
jln
Registered

sorry for the double post

Last edited by jln; 04-26-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:51 AM
jln
Registered

Bill , hope you have a great trouble free season. you deserve a break but not a drive break LOL. catch up with you sometime most likely with MIA Mark
Old 04-28-2012, 01:34 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Thanks Philm and jln, yea the drives are still the weak link but I've been able to keep my hammer hand off of the sticks. Till we decide to upgrade or not we just have to ease up on them and not do the hole shots from 60mph. Probly do the lower gear change this season so I can get off the 36P props and get down to some 32's which should relieve some of the stress on the gears? Kinda looking for a 32 Skater without power that maybe is in better cosmetic shape and maybe some 6's on the back? CHEAP!
Old 05-04-2012, 03:46 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

OK, Memorial Day weekend is coming up on us fast. I'm heading down to Northeast MD. Leaving Saturday morning and coming back on monday morning. plenty of rooms at the Holiday Inn express. Keeping my fingers crossed for the weather. Jellies opens up on the 19th. Is anyone else interested in going down?
Old 05-20-2012, 08:53 AM

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Delawareriverboaters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.