Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
need info??? noyzee fun run in memory of high life!!! >

need info??? noyzee fun run in memory of high life!!!

Notices

need info??? noyzee fun run in memory of high life!!!

Old 05-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool need info??? noyzee fun run in memory of high life!!!

ok, well as some if not most people know we lost a very good man, and member of oso and the boating community and a friend to me almost a year ago in a tragic boating accident. Mike aka HIGH LIFE.
on july 16 he was taken from us while running his boat in boston.
well i have spoken to his kids and some other boating friends and im going to put together a fun run in memory of mike for july, right now july 14th looks like the day however i want to hear any info from others if there are other events this day, or any better dates. mikes son nick said the 14th works best for him as he will be attending the run ridding on my boat, and i am hoping mikes daughter can make the trip as well.

im working on details and trip information, and hoping to have a large turn out. i am hoping to sell some more stickers as well as take donations in mikes name that i will be donating to a good cause, and also making a fun day in memory of mike and the boating fun.
id like to have photos and stories from anyone that can put stuff together, and id like to have everyone get together and share the good times in memory of such a nice guy.
please let me know what people think of the date.

right now im working on a run that will work well for boats of all sizes and speeds, not a super long run as weather can get turned up and leave some smaller boats behind, but more of a nice day on the water. more detail on the run itself will come over the time. i will be making all the arrangements for tie ups etc, and set up the basic run. if all goes well and the weather holds out on the day of the run we will extend the run to further locations.

mike knew people with boats of all sizes and types so im really working on a run that EVERYONE can do without getting beat up, smashed around or lost in a crowd. this is my first real run i will be setting up so please dont hurt me to bad, i will do my best.

right now this post is mainly to put the feelers out for the date and to try to make this happen without other people or clubs making events the same day. this run will be a fun run only no money prizes or anything, just a day on the water enjoying what mike did best.

the run will most likely be held on the north shore and weather pending go over into boston area etc. im thinking of following the first noyzee fun run which was the first time i had met mike. the crazy bastard shot over from hingham in 4 footers in the fog with nothing but his campus and glasses!!
the run will most likely follow this route and extend from there again weather pending.
thanks for looking and i hope all can make it
NOYZEE
Old 05-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Registered

If the boats in one piece & running we b in !
Old 05-07-2012, 08:25 PM

I'm in!
Old 05-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Registered

great, ill keep everyone posted. thinking of having stickers made. like first annual noyzee fun run in memory of mike/high life.
thinking stickers will be like 5 or 10 bucks and all profits will be donated in mikes name.

id love to make this a nice run and raise some money for a good cause.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:07 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

I just ran across Mike's tragic death tonight while researching Magnum boats. I thought I would do a search on his OSO name to see what became of the memorial run, and to my surprise, here is a new thread today. Noyzee, it is great how you are keeping Mike's memories alive, and Mike was lucky to have such a devoted friend. Mike obviously was loved by many based on the comments I read.

I wish everyone the absolute best for Mike's memorial run, and my prayers go out to his family and friends as they cope by Mike's loss.

Michael
Old 05-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael1
I just ran across Mike's tragic death tonight while researching Magnum boats. I thought I would do a search on his OSO name to see what became of the memorial run, and to my surprise, here is a new thread today. Noyzee, it is great how you are keeping Mike's memories alive, and Mike was lucky to have such a devoted friend. Mike obviously was loved by many based on the comments I read.

I wish everyone the absolute best for Mike's memorial run, and my prayers go out to his family and friends as they cope by Mike's loss.

Michael
mike was a good friend to have and it took no time at all to know he was a mans man. the type of guy you could seal a deal with a hand shake and know that you had no worries. not many people like that around these days. seems most of the boat crowd is like that, its nice.

i think his run is going to be a great run. wish it was just a fun run and mike would be there rather then doing it in his memory, but it is what it is. we have to do what we have to do
Old 05-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

please let me know... I am in...
Old 05-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Registered

for now plan on the 14th. there is a face book page on it right now that mikes son set up.
there is a little info there.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

My brother owns his old Banana boat. I don't think it will be done by then though.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Registered

bring any boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.