Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Truth on Lake Winni Noise Regulations >

Truth on Lake Winni Noise Regulations

Notices

Truth on Lake Winni Noise Regulations

Old 07-19-2012, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of performance boats are on Sabego? I was on a 9 mile lake before with a 29 outlaw and everyone looked at me funny (mostly pontoons and ski boats on that lake) so we went to winni. instead.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 430 Likes on 207 Posts

What kind of performance boats are on Sabego? I was on a 9 mile lake before with a 29 outlaw and everyone looked at me funny (mostly pontoons and ski boats on that lake) so we went to winni. instead.
You guys are missing the point. Sebago, boating without restrictions. Plenty of performance hardware, just ask Biggus, or the other local hi-po guys.

Outlawfun, you proved my point about winni and some hi-po guys. Sounds like you would rather be seen than actually burning up some gas.

Try heading out on the Atlantic sometime, you can follow me from Salem down to Boston then to the Cape Cod Canal over to Provincetown and back to Gloucester. I probably put more miles on my boat in one day than some of the Winni-putters do in an entire season. Oh yeah, be prepared to loose sight of land for a period of time.

Sorry...back to the point. Winni was a nice place to take your performance boat but its really hard to put up with the BS there now. It's just not fun with a big, fast, noisy boat anymore.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by outlawfun
I know of 3 cigs, 2 formula's, 2 baja's, 1 spectra cat, 2 scarabs(including mine), 1 American offshore cat and 1 panterra. These are just the boats I have seen in the past year. Now Biggus probably knows every performance boat in this area!

3 weeks ago we were on the sandbar in Sebago and there were 4 performance boats all tied up on the bar and 3 more anchored on the front side. And they all sounded sweet when the started them up(except for the spectra cat since it had twin OB

You too enjoy your summer
Old 07-19-2012, 08:36 PM

No one cruises up and down the channel, I'm out on the broads having fun and jumping big cruiser boat wakes. Don't care much about showing of hardware even though I do have a nice boat. Most of the performance boat guys do use thier boats and will go to Braun bay for the day and then finish off at the Nazwa. We have lots of room to run it out and get some big chop on windy days. I did want to go from boston to marthas vinyard one of these days but no one wants to go so i might take you up on your offer.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:44 PM

I know we have about 10 cigs including the 46 spiderman, 2 outerlimits, 1 velocity, 1 active thunder, 3 sonics, alot of formulas and bajas. I do about 50 hours a year as i'm up there every week. When Wed. comes around Sat can't get here fast enough (it's like a drug).
Old 07-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Registered

I know we have about 10 cigs including the 46 spiderman, 2 outerlimits, 1 velocity, 1 active thunder, 3 sonics, alot of formulas and bajas. I do about 50 hours a year as i'm up there every week. When Wed. comes around Sat can't get here fast enough (it's like a drug).
Sometimes I think taking up a drug would be cheaper!

Funny thing...just went to dinner with a buddy who invited me and the girlfriend up to winni this weekend to his parents place. He says bring the "scarab". I found myself having the same discussion with him that I am having here! Weird!!

If I did go I would have to run the mufflers!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:58 PM

There's only 4 cops on the lake now, they cut the funding for summer help and laid alot of cops off. The cops never really agreed with the speed limit but the spineless govorner signed off on it anyway. Cops usually looking for 150' violations along with to many people on a boat and bui. Like I said there's alot of big power up here and no mufflers on them, just respect the other boaters and your good.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Registered

There's only 4 cops on the lake now, they cut the funding for summer help and laid alot of cops off. The cops never really agreed with the speed limit but the spineless govorner signed off on it anyway. Cops usually looking for 150' violations along with to many people on a boat and bui. Like I said there's alot of big power up here and no mufflers on them, just respect the other boaters and your good.
If I bring the scarab and get a ticket for loud pipes will you pay it?

J/K, I will consider it!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:20 PM

sorry i have to put it in the fuel tank.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Lake Winni has been great this summer. there are noise restrictions but as long as you have mufflers you should be fine. There are still a lot of High performance boats on the lake and it is a great place to boat! Last four summers I ran my 08' Cigarette 39 top gun without any issues whatsoever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.