Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Launching at Sebago Lake >

Launching at Sebago Lake

Notices

Launching at Sebago Lake

Old 09-16-2014, 11:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any particular reasons that waterfront pubs and restaurants don't exist on Sebago? It's baffled me for years! Town ordinances? Seems like a lucrative business venture in my eyes..
Old 09-17-2014, 04:00 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Whack
Is there any particular reasons that waterfront pubs and restaurants don't exist on Sebago? It's baffled me for years! Town ordinances? Seems like a lucrative business venture in my eyes..
Yup, always puzzled me too. Years back, we had Jeff's Lakeside on the west shore, rt 114. Was a busy place with good food. The building is still there but been abandoned for years.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:17 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I would have to say it's probably town politics and I'm sure the Portland Water District has something to say also.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are planning on going this saturday. Looks like our best bet is going to be the state park. Now where to anchor? I have been on the lake a couple times but have never spent the night. Was initially thinking the basin.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mohawk242
We are planning on going this saturday. Looks like our best bet is going to be the state park. Now where to anchor? I have been on the lake a couple times but have never spent the night. Was initially thinking the basin.
Anchor off the sand bar, right near the State Park boat launch.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the inlet of the sandbar is a great spot.. There are usually a few other boats posted up with the occasional illegal bonfire on the beach.. I think we'll be down that way by noon on Sunday, if you see a black Convincor, come in over and say hi!

Justin
Old 09-18-2014, 06:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Whack
Yes, the inlet of the sandbar is a great spot.. There are usually a few other boats posted up with the occasional illegal bonfire on the beach.. I think we'll be down that way by noon on Sunday, if you see a black Convincor, come in over and say hi!

Justin
I'll probably be running around Sebago on Sunday also. My boat presently on the trailer, thinking on launching at the State Park ramp for the day.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How low is the songo river?
Old 09-19-2014, 07:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mohawk242
How low is the songo river?
Lower Songo (Sebago side) is down but the channel is still pretty deep. Like any river, deepest to the outside of the bends. The only area you should raise drives is the mouth of the river by the sand bar. just entering Sebago Lake.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks biggus, we will be there this weekend, would love to see the cig in action....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.