Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Snowmobiling 2015 >

Snowmobiling 2015

Notices

Snowmobiling 2015

Old 01-15-2015, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in North Carolina and ride in the Old Forge and Tug Hill areas of New York. Sometimes make the long trip up to the Northwoods of Wisconsin . (St. Germain) . My most current ride is a Yamaha apex LTX but also have a Arctic cat ZR800 ,2001 Thundercat,2000 Thundercat limited,97 V-max 4 , 93 Bender Racing Vmax-4 ,88 Bender Racing Exciter,82 Yamaha SRX 500 (yes the one Yamaha never produced) ,and a 69 Yamaha SL351. Jeff Wurl
Old 01-15-2015, 09:34 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Greatest Ski Don't Video;

Stay on that throttle !

LMAOF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-PdQikOv-w&feature=player_embedded
Old 01-15-2015, 09:38 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

And in 2nd Place:

God love that seat + tunnel....LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNd0gAkay5o&feature=player_embedded
Old 01-16-2015, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

From last weekend...wife's first ride on her new sled...Peshtigo River trail by Crivitz, WI...
Attached Thumbnails Snowmobiling 2015-crivitz1.jpg   Snowmobiling 2015-crivitz.jpg   Snowmobiling 2015-crivitz4.jpg  

Old 01-16-2015, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Where ya rollin to in da Yoop, Scaggie?

I'm riding Munising in a couple weeks with Jriggs here on oso.

Currently running a 2014 SkiDump 1200 Renegade, wife unit has a brand-spankin 2015 Yama-hooha SR Viper DX. And I carry "old-faithful," my 2010 SkiDoo 1200 TnT with 7200 miles on it in the bed of my truck for a spare.

Heading up to St. Germain, WI tomorrow after work for the 3 day weekend. World Championship Snowmobile Derby going on right next door in Eagle River, WI.
This is our first trip to the “Yoop” so it’s usually a learning experience. We’re staying at the Pine Bluff Resort in Curtis. We should arrive on the 20th and depart on March 1st. We typically do 200 – 300 mile day loops and get back in time to support the local bars…

We will also do an overnight loop sometime during the trip. I would think it would be a run to the west side, grab some rooms, support some bars and head back to Curtis in the morning…

We have been riding Ontario and Maine for the last 15 years so we’re way overdue for a change of scenery.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Again, top 1/3 rd is all good. Gorham to Colebrook to Pits. is all good. Staying to east side up there even better.

Hopefully accuweather is 'accu' on Sunday night.

Looking good! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2015, 06:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scagburner
This is our first trip to the “Yoop” so it’s usually a learning experience. We’re staying at the Pine Bluff Resort in Curtis. We should arrive on the 20th and depart on March 1st. We typically do 200 – 300 mile day loops and get back in time to support the local bars…

We will also do an overnight loop sometime during the trip. I would think it would be a run to the west side, grab some rooms, support some bars and head back to Curtis in the morning…

We have been riding Ontario and Maine for the last 15 years so we’re way overdue for a change of scenery.
Cool stuff to see...Pictured Rocks and Miner's Castle up in Munising, Tahquemenon Falls and Sault Ste. Marie (about the ONLY place we HAVEN'T been...hoping to get there this year!), Kitch-iti-kipi Hot Springs, and if you head west...Gwinn has an abandoned Air Force base that was staging for Cold War era B-52s...there are a bunch of planes there on display and you can pull your sled right up to them. Between Marquette and Munising, there is Lakenenland (http://lakenenland.com/), which is just about the coolest thing you will ever see on the side of a sled trail...if you can get there...DO IT!

Just to your north, the Crazy 8s trails around Grand Marais are spectacular...if you stop in the town of GM, take a pic by the giant pickle barrel.

Word of advice...DO NOT pass a gas station in the UP...even if you are at 1/2 tank...FILL IT.

Enjoy...it's beautiful up there.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:42 AM
Registered

One from Gwinn AFB, and another from Lakenenland...featuring OSO members Magic Medicine, Hammer01, and BZ...
Attached Thumbnails Snowmobiling 2015-ishpeming-053.jpg   Snowmobiling 2015-ishpeming-070.jpg  
Old 01-16-2015, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Scagburner

I think they need to see your trail rig you use for your local club!
Old 01-16-2015, 07:51 AM
Registered

Sommer - Thanks! This is great infromation and just what I need going into a new trail system! We will most likely hit all of your suggestions. I haven't seen Magic (Andy) since the 2008 Sunsation Rally.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.