Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Snowmobiling 2015 >

Snowmobiling 2015

Notices

Snowmobiling 2015

Old 01-19-2015, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Well... After about 500 texts today and a few dozen calls, the trip is still on with a net loss of one guy. Two dropped out but one of the guys is now taking his son. Pulling out tomorrrow after work. Thanks for all your help. I'll be sure to post some photos in the evenings.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:35 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Well, if itmeans anything, I have less snow than up there, and even with all our rain, we lost very little snow #1, and #2, we still have powder under the crusty top layer. So......hopefully the groomers work there majic up there. Again, they have unbelievably good groomer operators and equipment#1, and #2, thursday's and fridays 9usually Thursday's, are the best day to ride.

So...even if you have great riding - hopefully you do - remember to think about a return trip as that area is truly wonderful during normal winter conditions. Those towns are there for hunting and snowmobiling....they love to accomodate both.

Hope you enjoy your visit to our wonderfully 'outdoor' state.

Wave as you pass Exit 23 on Rte 93, and make sure you slow down and enjoy the steep Mtn Sides of Cannon Mtn in the 'Notch' a little ways before you turn off to go up to Colebrook. If you don't see the notch and say 'Holy Schit !', well, you where sleeping or in a white out.

Have a good trip !

PS: 'The Notch' im referring too is Franconia Notch. Part of my semi-local snowmobile area. A trail follows right along Rte 93 as it goes thru it.
Here's part of the 'Wow' part of the notch as seen on the highway. Way better in person....as is most photos....and as you get closer to it.

Last edited by SB; 01-19-2015 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:12 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Damn SB, they never showed this type footage on the Bob Newhart Show. You live in a beautiful section there. Don't know why you guys b!tch about winter, at least you've got something to do. I've never even sat on a sled. There's a joke about a southern boy that went up north to work when he was young and when he retired he loaded up his sled and told his wife to get in the car they were going back home down south. His wife asked why do you have the sled and where will home be? He told her to get in the car and shut up. They traveled a few days until they were deep into Mississippi and had stopped for gas and one of the locals walked up and pointed to the sled and said "wtf is that thing you're hauling? The husband told the wife, "honey we're home".
Old 01-20-2015, 06:11 AM
Registered

Wow - Thats awsome! Hopefully it's daylight when we pass thru the Notch. You're off Exit 23, is that southern NH?

Once again, you have been a great help!
Old 01-20-2015, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2012 800 E-Tec Renegade! Ride in MI. Going up to a buddy's house just south of Munising this weekend.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:05 AM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by Scagburner
Wow - Thats awsome! Hopefully it's daylight when we pass thru the Notch. You're off Exit 23, is that southern NH?
Nope, dead nutz in the center of the state. Literally at the beginning of the White Mountains. I'm at the base of the Ossipee Mtn Range on Lake Winni. Snowmobile trail galore...when there is ridable snow.

Don't go by the Exit #'s on where we are at. Once you get up to our area there are lots of miles in between exits....so, it can take a while for the Exit #'s to increase (or decrease.)

Once you get to our Exit the scenery becomes a lot better to look at it.

And yes, the permanent "Caution: High Wind" signs are there for a reason. It's not always windy before and into the Notch, but when it is, hold the f*k on ! Lol.

===============================

Here's a vid I made when we went riding south of Pittsburgh 2 yrs ago when there was supposedly no snow. Yup, all reports said zero. The parking lot we left was all concrete and the trails coming to the lot where complete high grass. We rode up a 400yard goat path, plump right onto snow and for the next 100+miles of the same.

Trailers where pulling in and right out of this parking lot. I told them there was snow up this trail and then all the way up north, but they didn't believe. All CT plates. Felt bad for them, such a long trip not to believe a semi-local. LOL.

Always,always ask the locals for where the sno is at...and don't forget the people inside the stores as they may have been told by riders where the good snow is at.

How's this for - no snow ?

http://youtu.be/6tjrhAx0MNU
Old 01-20-2015, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

That's cooler than the other side of the pillow. How fast will your machine run?
Old 01-20-2015, 11:38 AM
SB
Registered

38 !!!!!!

And it's scary once past 35 !
Old 01-20-2015, 11:48 AM
SB
Registered

Here's a vid of me and the POS for a many mile wide open run down the lake. It was lunch time. Some vendors really pissed me off. I had to make a run where I didn't care if I broke myself or the machine. I just had to cool down !
No need for my customers to see my anger.

Look for the ice houses I past. See ya !

That is a screamin 38mph !!!!

http://youtu.be/TYQK84Nkf7c

Last edited by SB; 01-20-2015 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:20 PM
Registered

The trail looked pretty bad around 7:40 & 8:25 in that first clip...Perhaps I should stay home...

That looks like the black/orange Pro R - always likes that color combo but I had the red/black 2011 before my 2014.

So much for the 45mph speed limit... I'm going to play it safe and keep it under 40mph...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.