Old 09-29-2016, 07:42 PM
v21
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CT River Run / Pizaa Party / Foliage Tour

We are going boating once again !
Want to come ?
Want some pizza ?

As most of you know Oct 16 is the date .

Important !!!
There will be a Police/DEEP/Coast Guard presence all along the river . There were very few complaints last year about No Wake Zone violations so let's keep that going .

Authorities will be monitoring this thread so if you have any questions just ask .

Launch where you want (Pete be posting a list of sites from Old Saybrook north to Hartford) .

Changes this year .....
We will gather at a beach on the western side of the river just north of Gildersleeve Island in Cromwell at noon for pizza .
We have used this great beach in the past and it has woked out nicely .
There will be a PortaPottie there , please use it and not the beach , remember we are guests in the residents back yard .
There is a bunch of eel grass all along the shores of the river this year . You might want to cut your motor and glide in .

Pizza Joe from No Anchovies is moving to Florida so he has hooked us us with Michel Angelo's in Rocky Hill . Great pizza !

Remember stay to the eastern side of the 3 islands you will encounter from Haddam to Cromwell .

On the western side of Gildersleeve Island 250 yards south of our new beach there is a submerged wall extending 2/3 of the way across the river towards Gildersleeve Island so if you are unfimiliar with the river do not navigate south of our beach on the western side of Gildersleeve Island .
I'm sure Pete will have a chart detailing this .

PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE ATTENDING ( and how many with you ) BY OCT. 14 SO I KNOW HOW MUCH PIZZA TO ORDER .
IF YOU DO NOT CALL , EMAIL OR TEXT ME PLEASE BE PREPARED TO SUPPLY YOUR OWN FOOD .
You can contact me at [email protected] or 860-214-1667 .
Pizza proceeds go to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation

I will be adding info to this post soon .
Feel free to ask questions via PM , email , or phone .

Everybody , Please Wear Your Vests And Lanyards !!!

We must obey all the rules and regulations !
Pete will post these (probably by the time you read this)

There IS a speed limit (45 mph) and many No Wake Zones !
We MUST be respectful of all other watercraft !

More info here

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...49#post2896649
Old 09-30-2016, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Given the location change was there any thought put into having a Saturday run? Sunday puts a damper on things. We are in regardless. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:14 AM
v21
Registered

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
Given the location change was there any thought put into having a Saturday run? Sunday puts a damper on things. We are in regardless. Thanks.
This change was a very late development (Tues) . So we are locked into the date this year . We will look at a Sat gathering if we invited back next year .
Old 10-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be there, looking forward to it
Old 10-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

so, its not technically organized. just meet at designated location for pizza and everyone goes separate ways? theres a 45 mph speed limit at all times? and theres going to be mad cops? did i understand that right?
Old 10-03-2016, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
so, its not technically organized. just meet at designated location for pizza and everyone goes separate ways? theres a 45 mph speed limit at all times? and theres going to be mad cops? did i understand that right?
this is a long standing event that has been going on long before you got into boats. 100+ show up for a charitable cause. if you don't like it, drag ass.

And before people jump on me for being rude, 315 knows the event has been on the forums and has had the same comments in the past.

Last edited by 1MOSES1; 10-03-2016 at 07:00 AM.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:35 AM
v21
Registered

Originally Posted by 315duramax

So I guess I can cross you off the pizza list , lol
Old 10-03-2016, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A bunch of long island guys are crossing the sound.I will get a time and meeting spot this week for those that would like to join us
Old 10-03-2016, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by v21
This change was a very late development (Tues) . So we are locked into the date this year . We will look at a Sat gathering if we invited back next year .
Im in. 2 for pizza please
Old 10-03-2016, 10:05 AM
v21
Registered

Originally Posted by edelectra
A bunch of long island guys are crossing the sound.I will get a time and meeting spot this week for those that would like to join us
Please let me know when you have a tally of people wanting pizza

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.