Notices

Chesapeake Bay Family and Friends NON EVENT 2017

Old 11-11-2016, 09:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts
Default Chesapeake Bay Family and Friends NON EVENT 2017

All,

Please go to "Mid Atlantic Section" to see the thread regarding the Spring day a bunch have asked about. All correspondents need to go thru that thread so I do not have to chase two different ones.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 01-28-2017, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Just wanted to remind everyone up here, this is going to be a great "Season Opener"!!

Ok all, Here it is. Below you will find all the information regarding hotel and marina costs and stay. The plan is to have a lunch run on Friday April 28th (TBD) then party Friday night to celebrate Chris Hall's birthday (41st). Saturday we will run for lunch (TBD) and maybe a stop at a dock bar for some refreshments, then back to the hotel/marina and party again Saturday night. There is a beer fest going on the same weekend at Chesapeake city..bands, etc, etc. This is a really neat little town with tons going on. I will finalize the lunch stop aspect of this weekend in a little while. In the mean time, I am limiting this event to the first 45 boats that make their reservations with the hotel and marina.... This being our first year of this event I want to make sure things are manageable..IN ADDITION the hotel only has (50) rooms available. It is imperative that you make your reservations immediately (at least ASAP)....The hotel has really taken care of us, as has the marina. You are required to make your own hotel reservations and marina reservations. They are completely excited to have us and look forward to many more events in the future with us. Below is all the information for hotel and marina...PLEASE DO NOT WAIT TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS...ONCE THINGS ARE FILLED THATS IT !!!! If need be try to bunk up as much as possible as we are limited with rooms space..

https://www.chesapeakebeachresortspa.com/

Chesapeake Bay Family & Friends Non-Event

MEETING TITLE: Chesapeake Bay Family & Friends Non-Event
MEETING DATES: Friday, April 28, 2017 to Sunday, April 30, 2017

Dear Christopher Torin,
We are delighted you have selected The Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa to host Chesapeake Bay Family Non-Event on 4/28/17 to 4/30/17. We look forward to welcoming your group and to helping provide the necessary ingredients for a most successful and memorable program. The Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa is currently holding space for your event on a tentative, first option basis until the contract due date of 1/20/17 after which time guest rooms and function space may be released without further notification.

RATE INFORMATION:
Rates are per room, per night unless otherwise designated and are based on single or double occupancy. Rates are non-commissionable and subject to prevailing taxes, currently 6% sales tax and 5% local occupancy tax. If the group is tax exempt, appropriate documentation must be submitted with the endorsed agreement. Rates are European Plan Rates (EP – Guest room only).

Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa - Torin Room Block - USD Room Type Date Rate Agreed
King Suite with Sleeper Sofa 4/28/2017
1 (THIS ROOM IS ALREADY TAKEN)

Junior Deluxe Water Front Balcony
4/28/2017

Deluxe Waterfront Suite 2beds
4/28/2017

King Balcony
4/28/2017

King Water View with Sleeper Sofa
4/28/2017

Double Water View 2beds
4/28/2017

King Limited Water View
4/28/2017

Double Limited Water View 2beds
4/28/2017

King Suite with Sleeper Sofa 4/29/2017

Junior Deluxe Water Front Balcony
4/29/2017

Deluxe Waterfront Suite 2beds
4/29/2017

King Balcony
4/29/2017

King Water View with Sleeper Sofa
4/29/2017

Double Water View 2beds
4/29/2017

King Limited Water View
4/29/2017

Double Limited Water View 2beds
4/29/2017

CUT-OFF DATE:
The Cut-Off Date for accepting reservations into this room block is 3/27/17 Hotel reserves the right to release for general sale any unused portion of the room block after this date.

RESERVATIONS: Individual Call-In Your Rooming List must be submitted by your cut-off date of 3/27/17 to ensure availability. After 5:00 PM local time at the Hotel on the Cut-Off Date, any unused rooms will be released and reservations will be taken on a space available basis. In order for the Hotel to continue to hold the Group’s room block the Group must submit this guarantee in writing on or before the established Group Cut-Off Date. Once this guarantee has been received by the Hotel the Group agrees that the allowable room block usage reductions will be waived by the Group and the Group will be responsible for their entire guarantee.

CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT:
To accommodate your group with maximum efficiency, we respectfully request a 3:00pm check-in and an 11:00 am check-out. When notified in advance, we are able to provide complimentary storage space for guests who arrive early or depart after the requested check-out time. Early arrivals may be checked in prior to 3:00pm if rooms are available. Late check-outs may not be guaranteed in advance.

BILLING:
A Master Account may be established by approval of credit application (direct bill or credit card). Should direct billing not be granted, total charges must be paid prior to arrival. All individual accounts not paid upon check out, will be transferred to the master account for payment. Account is due and payable upon receipt of invoice. Past due accounts will be assessed the maximum interest allowed
(THERE WILL NO MASTER ACCOUNT..EVERYONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN BILLING FOR HOTEL AND MARINA)

SLEEPING ROOMS
Individuals will pay their own room, tax and incidental charges.
Room, tax and incidentals will be charged to the Master Account.
Room and tax will be charged to the Master Account.
Individuals will pay their own incidental charges.

ATTRITION: Has been waived for this group, any remaining rooms will be absorbed into system and sold by resort. The individuals need to be given information that these rates are only good until March 27, 2017. After said date the rack room rates in our system will apply to individuals calling in, the special rate for this group will not apply after March 27, 2017

Individuals will have 72 hours prior to the arrival to cancel room reservations. If they do not cancel in that time frame they will be charged in full for entire stay

MARINA:
Per our conversation, we can accommodate up to 45 boats. Each boat will have to fit under a 9ft "fixed bridge".

Dockage is $1.50 per foot per night (Includes water and electric)

These slips are located at Rod 'N' Reel Marina West (Across the street from the resort you will be staying at)

Each boat owner MUST call the marina to make reservations. 301-855-8450. (Chesapeake Family & Friends NON Event)

Payment is due at the time of reservation. We have a 72 hr. cancellation policy. If for some reason the reservation needs to be cancelled, you may do so prior to 72 hrs. of the reservation to receive a full refund (refund will be in the form of a check and will be mailed to the customer).

As customers call to make their reservation, we will assign them a slip number.

I NEED THE FOLLOWING ASAP EMAILED TO ME AT - [email protected]
- Full name of Boat Captain and a count of their crew
- Size and make of your boat
* I want to give the marina as much information as I can prior too...WHEN YOU CALL GIVE THEM YOUR BOAT SPECS PLEASE.
** A HEAD COUNT OF TOTAL ATTENDEES WILL BE VERY HELPFUL AND NEEDED SO I CAN HAVE A BETTER IDEA OF LUNCH RUN NEEDS**

Now if you want to tow all the way to Chesapeake city you can. YOU are required to coordinate with marina storage/parking for your rigs and trailers. If you do NOT want to tow all the way to Chesapeake City, you can launch your boat at Sandy Point State Park. Huge ramps and huge parking http://dnr2.maryland.gov/publiclands...andypoint.aspx. then you can run your boat to Chesapeake Beach Resort which is roughly a 30-45 minute run (of course depends on how fast you run)

Chesapeake Beach is located at
38°41′42″N 76°32′10″W (38.695070, -76.536125). Chesapeake Beach Resort

NAMES THAT HAVE ALREADY COMMITTED:
- Chris Torin (353 Fastech)
- Tom Rioux (30 Scarab)
- Josh (Cambridge) -(Formula)
- Dave Jilek (30 Sonic)
- Dave Kraus (?? )
- Charles Brown
- Neil (47 fountain)
- Robert Powell (31 Formula)
- Richard Cuny (Fountain)
- Tom Z (Va beach crew)
- Ghost24 - Mike - (??)
- Billy Carroll (Poker run Fast Fountain)
- Brandon (Va crew)
- Mark (ford350) - (??)
- Chris Philindas (Active Thunder)
- Eric Stenroos (Fountain)
- Justin - JMD (Kraus's buddy)
- Tom "tcwcar" - (Mystique Cig)
- 1wide7 (Baltimore)
- Splitdecision (NJ boys) - (Formula)
- ridnmcnasty (PA crew)
- Shaun Harrington - (37 Outerlimits)

Also, please share thoughts of what you all want to do for Saturday night. Do we want to rent space from hotel to have a party?? Are we all going to a restaurant??? Are we partying on the docks?? Is everyone doing their own gig?? Need some help with this please.

PLEASE, get a email to me ([email protected]) I want to create a email list for all future events...of course this event primarily!!!! DON'T WAIT...THIS IS GOING TO BE VERY COOL !!!!

I'm sure I forgot something and will post additional stuff in the future....

Thanks, Chris
|

Last edited by TomR; 01-28-2017 at 07:32 AM.